Post-Game Talk: Arizona at PATRIOTS - Had em all the way - Pats 20 Arizona 17 F - Staying Alive!!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) - Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - How to Watch
CARDINALS: Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - Roster Flip Card (PDF) - Gameday Magazine

The New England Patriots will play against the Arizona Cardinals for the first time since opening the 2016 season at Arizona on Sunday Night Football, a 23-21 Patriots win on Sept. 11. The Patriots will host the Cardinals for the first time since a 20-18 loss in the 2012 home-opener on Sept. 16.

After a 1-6 series start against Arizona, New England won the next five games before splitting the 2012 and 2016 meetings. The series is tied overall at seven wins apiece, with the Patriots holding a 2-3 mark in home games, including 1-1 at Gillette Stadium.

The Patriots have faced the Cardinals four times during Bill Belichick's tenure as Patriots head coach (2000-present) and are 3-1 in those games.

SERIES BREAKDOWN
Home Record: 2-3​
  • Schaefer Stadium: 0-1​
  • Sullivan Stadium: 0-1​
  • Foxboro Stadium: 1-1​
  • Gillette Stadium:1-0​
Road Record: 5-4​
  • Busch Stadium: 1-2​
  • Sun Devil Stadium: 3-2​
  • University of Phoenix Stadium: 1-0​
Bill Belichick vs. Arizona: 4-1 (3-1 with New England)
upload_2020-11-29_3-32-25.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My fav is when ppl cite the NYPOST as a source for anything. It’s low grade toilet paper

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They have to be tanking at this point. Defense looks like it doesn't care one bit. Cam is totally lost.

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
They have to be tanking at this point. Defense looks like it doesn't care one bit. Cam is totally lost.

Outside of the Baltimore game, they've looked like they haven't given a shit since Cam got COVID. I think the events of that two week period mentally drained the entire team.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Outside of the Baltimore game, they've looked like they haven't given a shit since Cam got COVID. I think the events of that two week period mentally drained the entire team.

Absolutely. They were vocally upset with the way they got dicked around by the league with the KC game being pushed around. The McCourtys were particularly angry, and as leaders in the lockerroom I think it spread through the D. The defense hasn't been the same since week 3.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good decision not to throw that. Only guy that had separation would’ve been sent to the hospital

Put a shock collar on mcdaniels for when he calls a pass play under 10 yards with Newton

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Good decision not to throw that. Only guy that had separation would’ve been sent to the hospital

Put a shock collar on mcdaniels for when he calls a pass play under 10 yards with Newton

I don't know, Harry looked like he actually had a step on his guy. I think the problem is Cam's accuracy when leading receivers is poor, so he definitely wouldn't have completed it anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't know, Harry looked like he actually had a step on his guy. I think the problem is Cam's accuracy when leading receivers is poor, so he definitely wouldn't have completed it anyway.

I didn’t see which one Harry was but if he was split out left (I think) he didn’t get open until the pocket collapsed

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I didn’t see which one Harry was but if he was split out left (I think) he didn’t get open until the pocket collapsed

Yeah, it definitely would have been tight. I don't think Cam throws with much anticipation. We were spoiled with Brady because that's what he was best at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad