Arithmetic Working Against Canes

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Here's something depressing. So Connor McDavid has played 13 games and has 13G, 25A, 38 Points.

If I go back the last 10 years and look at ALL of the players the Canes have drafted in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round that are still with the organization (Canes, Checkers, Everblades, Junior, etc..)..their totals as of right now?

88 GP, 7G, 22A, 29 points...combined.

Now, I know that scoring in the OHL isn't the same as the NHL or even AHL, and some of the players picked (Ladd, JJ, Sutter) or with other NHL teams, but that was 31 draft picks over 10 years. Man, do the Canes need a talent like him.

The list still with Carolina includes: Fleury, Foegele, Lindholm, Pesce, Di Guiseppe, McGinn, Murphy, Rask, Lowe, Skinner, Faulk, Biega, Levi, Boychuk.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
^ that should be maddening rather than depressing...I wonder how that stacks up by comparison with the other teams in the league over that time period in general though.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
I'm sorry, but there's *nothing* in there. He used a lot of words but literally said nothing. Which kinda makes it worse, I think. Injuries, blah, blah, injuries, blah, blah. Same stuff, different guy. I'm going to take a few weeks off.

Forgive me for picking a nit, but he didn't literally say nothing, he literally said something, using words.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He meant literally, in a figurative sense.

Which is literally (in the literative sense) one of the definitions of "literally" now.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Blame Merriam-Webster

I'm pretty sure you can't trust anything with a hyphen in it, and besides, the Oxford says (literally, because I'm copy-pasting) such usages of the word 'literally' "can lead to unintentional humorous effects (we were literally killing ourselves laughing) and is not acceptable in formal contexts, though it is widespread."

Look—I'm not saying using the word 'literally' in a figurative sense will cause death, war, famine, disease, child abuse, toothache, etc. It's just mildly annoying.

Sincerely,
Proud Pedants' Society

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad