Confirmed with Link: [ARI/WPG] Coyotes acquire Nathan Smith plus Brian Little (LTIR) for 2022 4th rd pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Miele would've probably killed it in today's NHL, to be fair. The NHL has gone to less goon-ery, more skill and finesse in the last 5ish years.
He’s been about as good as any player in every league he’s played in except the NHL. And he’s played in a ton of leagues. He’s usually like top 10% of players at his position in all of them, it seems like.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As long as Smith and Mcbain are better than Miele I'll be happy. Lowest bar I can think of.

I can't believe I thought Miele could be a top 6 NHLer when we first signed him back in like 2013
There was so much hype from the Coyotes controlled radio and TV hosts, I don’t blame you a bit.

Reactions: SniperHF

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
He’s been about as good as any player in every league he’s played in except the NHL. And he’s played in a ton of leagues. He’s usually like top 10% of players at his position in all of them, it seems like.
That dude lit it up for the Pirates and Grand Rapids Griffins. He's still lighting it up in the KHL. PPG in the Olympics this year.

Shame he got his only NHL look in the bottom 6 for Dave Tippett and the ownerless Coyotes.

Reactions: Prarievarg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That dude lit it up for the Pirates and Grand Rapids Griffins. He's still lighting it up in the KHL. PPG in the Olympics this year.

Shame he got his only NHL look in the bottom 6 for Dave Tippett and the ownerless Coyotes.
He was signed by both the Red Wings and Flyers and couldn’t crack the main squad.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I suspect this "hot-head" to be a bottom 6 forward if he ends up being a legitimate NHL player. I'm getting a Carcillo/Hordichuk vibe about Smith, not necessarily fighting but he's going to cause a ruckus. As long as he's not kicking, licking, whacking goalies with his stick, I'm all for it. Definitely interested in seeing him in NHL action.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I suspect this "hot-head" to be a bottom 6 forward if he ends up being a legitimate NHL player. I'm getting a Carcillo/Hordichuk vibe about Smith, not necessarily fighting but he's going to cause a ruckus. As long as he's not kicking, licking, whacking goalies with his stick, I'm all for it. Definitely interested in seeing him in NHL action.
Smith is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more talented than either of those 2.

Reactions: BAdvocate

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Can he sign a pro contract if he's still playing NCAA?

Nope, can't sign until he his team is out
1648152742468.png

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I hope they give him some ice time between Schmaltz and Keller.
He'll probably ends up rw to McBain.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I really like what I saw today from Smith. I didn't really know anything about him before but I think he has a higher offensive ceiling than Mcbain.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just noticed Smith actually played Hs hockey in FL - LOOOL

99F1FEF2-A333-4B20-8C79-54D72F8F20E1.jpeg

Just 176pts in 45gp. No biggie. Haha.

This is why he’s so old. He spent three years in FL HS prep before going to the USHL.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I feel like 86 pts /15 gms could be a typo. Did he really put up 5.7 pts/gm and then slide backwards to JUST 3.4 pts/gm the next season on the same team?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Looking forward to the Smith signing. Hopefully, after the frozen four next week, and he'll play in the last 10 games of the season. Still don't know where he will fit in for next season, if he is just a checking line RW or if he could possibly hold his own centering Schmaltz and Keller or even replace Schmaltz if a Schmaltz trade occurs.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
...and leafs fans...and blues fans...etc

Don't care. To steal a top 6 center from the franchise who ended up with our HeWhoShallNotBeNamed - and whose fans also include a lot of b******s *not* in this board - would be...delicious.

Nothing personal, just business. And petty spite ;)
I'm here for the petty spite.....and for HeWhoShallNotBeNamed :thumbu:

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I see a Bunting type player......with a better shot. He has no problem going to greasy places and seems to score most of his goals within 10 feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad