Confirmed Trade: [ARI/TOR] Peter Holland for a conditional 2018 6th round pick

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Vancouver couldn't beat a base offer of NOTHING??
Oh lawd...
Hmmm...
Criticize Benning/Vancouver for a lot of things, but I'm not sure their reluctance to give up even nothing for Holland is a legitimate gripe against Canucks brass.

A base offer of nothing is still quite likely more than Holland is legitimately worth.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
He's not that bad but very inconsistent and lost his spot, last year IMO plus he already passed threw waivers.

not that bad? a) could barely crack a team last year icing a horrid roster b) no team picked him off waivers c) we got a measly 6th rounder in 2018 if he resigns. hes bottom of niagara falls bad.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I've heard of a 6th round pick, but I've never heard of Peter Holland.

A couple seasons back I remember there being a trade on the forum proposed with a Leafs-Flames deal that had something like Backlund and a first going the other way on a Kessel deal.

The premise was hated by Leafs fans; as Holland > Backlund. Good times.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Seems like an overpayment.

Leafs payed a hefty price for him. He was an ahl star before and never took a step - most people knew he wouldn't.

Peter Holland is very good when he is on his game, his only problem is that he isn't always on his game.

Anyway from a value POV Arizona got a serviceable player for essentially nothing.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Remember threads of Leaf fans asking for a high 2nd.

Joe Colborne is better than Holland.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

What? :laugh:

On the Leafs board everyone was just wanting to put him on waivers, with hope for a late round pick.

No Leaf fan, last season or this season, were asking for a "high 2nd" for Peter Holland.

If there was, then they clearly aren't credible, and shouldn't be the base for what "Leaf fans" think.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
What? :laugh:

On the Leafs board everyone was just wanting to put him on waivers, with hope for a late round pick.

No Leaf fan, last season or this season, were asking for a "high 2nd" for Peter Holland.

If there was, then they clearly aren't credible, and shouldn't be the base for what "Leaf fans" think.

I remember Leaf fans arguing that he was going to be a good 2nd line center. Now that the Leafs have some legit talent at center I am sure they have seen their error.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember Leaf fans arguing that he was going to be a good 2nd line center. Now that the Leafs have some legit talent at center I am sure they have seen their error.

And Holland being a middle 6 center isn't that bad of a expectation. It didn't happen. That's why they are projections. Not certainties. A lot of Leaf fans also saw the potential in Anton Stralman. He never really progressed in Toronto, or Columbus, and showed glimpses in New York, and then bam, in Tampa Bay, he reached that potential.

---------------------------------------------

Also, saying "I remember Leaf fans saying this..." and "Leaf fans were doing that" are ******** statements. The Leafs fanbase is massive. Located all over the world. It's easily the largest fanbase of any NHL clubs, and as expected, makes up the majority of this site, compared to other fanbases. It's realistic that every "theory" or "take" has been said by a Leaf fan.

"I remember when Leaf fans wanted to put Andersen on waivers!" is a technically factual statement [because 1 poster on the Leafs board suggested that], but in no way whatsoever does it make up the actual majority thought of Leaf fans.

Just because you saw 1 poster say something, even if 5 others agree with the poster, doesn't mean "Oh leaf fans think this..."

Not too mention, "[team] fans thought this!" is just ******** generally, because it holds 0 substance. Every discussion on this website is pointless and means nothing.

The good discussions come from the posters who realize that, and discuss their opinions with others, rather than trying to debate and "win" against another poster online.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Yup, good times. Just a month or so ago this Leafs fan was talking how Holland was this high end prospect and how good he was while the rest of us non leaf fans said he was crap. I'm guessing right about now he's not posting here. Worthless player

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I'm glad we can talk about whether a couple of random Leaf fans did or didn't think Holland was better than he is or this deal isn't big enough to get this thread to page 3.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
HF when Leafs make a trade:

Member when Leaf fans said _____(traded player) was worth a 1st/better than crosby?! I member.

Give it up.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
A couple seasons back I remember there being a trade on the forum proposed with a Leafs-Flames deal that had something like Backlund and a first going the other way on a Kessel deal.

The premise was hated by Leafs fans; as Holland > Backlund. Good times.

Remember when Yakupov was worth a 1st overall pick? Things change :teach:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Just because a small number of fans claimed Holland was better/worth more than he was, doesn't mean all Leaf fans feel the same way.

Peter Holland could still be a solid #3 center. He definitely has some potential in him. Just no room for him on the Leafs, and nobody really needed Holland.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Biggest winner of this trade is Holland himself.

Too much crowdness at center in Toronto. In Arizona he can try to establish himself as a solid bottom six player.

cafelatte

Jan 11, 2014
From another thread ...

Peter Holland is now a 1st/2nd line center. Leafs will easily get 2 firsts and yet another top pairing defenseman for him.

Hey....we aren't the ones desperate for a centre. We have loads of them.

He is young and cheap..just what Montreal likes.

He has almost as many points as Desharnais last year and is a foot taller.

The 93rd pick in the draft seems like a decent price.

You'd have to give us a 3rd to take him.

... so much for that ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad