Confirmed Trade: [ARI/TOR] Peter Holland for a conditional 2018 6th round pick

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I can live with that I guess. He's RFA at the end so there's a decent chance they qualify and resign him.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Basically if he stays with the Yotes beyond this season or they get assets for him the Leafs get the pick, if he runs out his contract and he walks the Leafs get nothing...that seems fair.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I can live with that I guess. He's RFA at the end so there's a decent chance they qualify and resign him.

Actually, the chances of him being resigned or traded are virtually zero. He's a warm body until Brad Richardson recovers. The only way Toronto gets the pick is if somehow Holland turns into the redemption case of all redemption cases.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Would have traded him for nothing and probably ends up that way. Maybe this will motivate him and he'll make an effort for a change, but on the Leafs he could play and you'd never notice him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Actually, the chances of him being resigned or traded are virtually zero. He's a warm body until Brad Richardson recovers. The only way Toronto gets the pick is if somehow Holland turns into the redemption case of all redemption cases.

Yeah it does feel like a, if he impresses and can be flipped for more than a 6th then that's what they'll do, gain a 5th, lose a 6th or something. They probably don't qualify him if it comes to that.

But a trade still could be a possibility. If he plays well and is still there at the deadline someone might be willing to pay a 5th for depth.

It was that or waivers though so I'll take this.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Meh, hoped for a 5th, instead got an open contract spot to sign ramo. Not upset at all, good luck peter; hope you turn it around in the desert.

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
With Hollands skill set, he should be a decent 3rd line centre.

The problem is he just doesn't have enough jam in his game

If he could just add a big dose of"Intestinal fortatute", he might be a decent 3rd liner

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Any chance Milan Michalek gets recalled, or is he buried for life? (meaning the remainder of his contract).

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Wow. I didn't realize his value fell THAT bad.

To be fair he was put on waivers in June or July during his contract dispute and wasn't claimed so that sort of showed how much value he had from other teams point of view. This deal is a contract move and if they get any type of pick from this deal it will be a win.

Obviously given the conditions of the pick it's still a question-mark if the coyotes will be interested in him at the end of the season.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Any chance Milan Michalek gets recalled, or is he buried for life? (meaning the remainder of his contract).

No, this was done because Leivo is essentially healthy but no spot for him. Leipsic should be the next one after that. Don't expect Michalek to be back up anytime soon.

The rest of the contract is also only this year so he could still get a shot next year somewhere maybe. At worst a PTO

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He's not that bad but very inconsistent and lost his spot, last year IMO plus he already passed threw waivers.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Seems like an overpayment.

Leafs payed a hefty price for him. He was an ahl star before and never took a step - most people knew he wouldn't.

Last edited:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It's a shame he didn't work out in Toronto. Local boy living his dream playing for the blue and white, although he wasn't playing much by the end of his tenure. Hope he is given a chance in the desert and has a successful career. He's a solid kid.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Holland is another Panik. Sometimes for 2-3 games he's dominant and then he's invisible and terrible for the next 30.

Holland is a kid, that at times looked to have the talent and size to easily be a#3C in this league, and maybe a 2C. But, as said above, he is incredibly inconsistent. I don't know if it is a lack of drive, or effort, but he's just never taken the next step, that at times you can see is there for him. Ironically, I compared him to Joe Colborne, another guy who has size and talent, but just can't take the next step.

I wish him well, and maybe he figures out whatever is in his head, that prevents him from being a more valuable asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad