Confirmed with Link: [ARI/TOR] Conor Timmins to Toronto for Curtis Douglas

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Another important point that I believe illustrates further Dubas development as a GM, he made moves early knowing (as many of us do) that deadline deals are often more costly. if the Leafs fail this playoff it might not save his job, but he's been around the NHL block enough to know how it works now and realizes "better to cut bait earlier and search for gems.

He did this with this trade and also Malgin.

He may not get all he wants as deadline deals are tricky and more expensive, that's the nature of all sports where with buyers/sellers and bargains never the twain shall meet. However, in the interim depth on D is invaluable and making hockey trades where viable is better than waiting and making more complicated trades

It's also far easier to slot in a younger forward and play him in advantageous spots than it is to put in a green D Man who will be exploited by the opposition. Whether it's Timmins, Benn or another, they will play a key role in this seasons outcome.
Im not surr theres direct intent to move earlier for cheaper prices, but he also moved Ritchie a month or so before thr TDL and acquired Lub in the process

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He kinda had a bad game vs Nashville, he looked like a guy trying too hard.

10 points in 15 games for $850k, that's pretty damn good.

Reactions: Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Do you think Dubas would be willing to trade him at the deadline ? Would be interesting to see what his contract would be given he's an rfa.

Trading him doesn’t make sense.

He probably get a slight raise around $1 million. A nice start with the Leafs but he’s still unproven in a lot of ways and has been injury prone.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Trading him doesn’t make sense.

He probably get a slight raise around $1 million. A nice start with the Leafs but he’s still unproven in a lot of ways and has been injury prone.

I agree. I don't think there's a chance Timmins gets treaded. He's way more valuable to Toronto now than he would be to anyone else.

But I think there is a chance we trade a defenseman, in an attempt to improve at the deadline. Maybe Holl goes in a deal for a blueline upgrade, or maybe even Sandin gets liquidated for a deadline pickup.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Do you think Dubas would be willing to trade him at the deadline ? Would be interesting to see what his contract would be given he's an rfa.
I don’t think you’d get enough back for him yet, relative to what he’s brought to us. We got him for little, that marker is still out there, I doubt NHL GM’s have caught up to his true value here. Perhaps as a piece, but I keep him, he’s been very impressive.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

He's doesn't have arbitration rights.

1 year at a million or less, or a 2 year deal in the 1.2-1.5 mil range.

I don't see any reason to trade him. He can be a long term asset for the team

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He's doesn't have arbitration rights.

1 year at a million or less, or a 2 year deal in the 1.2-1.5 mil range.

I don't see any reason to trade him. He can be a long term asset for the team
Yeah he should essentially just slide in and replace Holl next year. Likely a better version of Holl but in his role and at the same or maybe even a slightly lower cap hit. No scenario where you are trading Timmins at this point.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Good trade and he was very effective when he first got here but he seems to be getting worse. Hope his noggin is okay.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Exposed defensively the last few games, does he have it in him to develop?

Perhaps, some seasoning on the Marlies... I think he can be as serviceable as Holl, with fewer limitations.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Exposed defensively the last few games, does he have it in him to develop?

Perhaps, some seasoning on the Marlies... I think he can be as serviceable as Holl, with fewer limitations.

I think that you are "damning him with faint praise" by saying that you think he can be "as serviceable as Holl"
He is already more serviceable than Holl.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
I think that you are "damning him with faint praise" by saying that you think he can be "as serviceable as Holl"
He is already more serviceable than Holl.
I'm one of the bigger Holl distractors on this board but this year I think he's been a big part of our defense and has been solid. Maybe, it's the Gio effect but Holl has not been a problem like he has in the past. Timmins right now is not as serviceable as Holl and can't be trusted with 20min+ a game.

God, now I feel dirty having to defend Holl, but he has shown that he is dependable given the opportunity.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He's good offensively, particularly his passing ability. He has a natural gift of finding players at the perfect time and angle. You saw it tonight on the Jarnkork goal

But I think he gets a bit too carried away with it at times. I've noticed he likes to make some high danger plays that go wrong, the most obvious being on the 2-2 goal against Boston last Saturday

Hilariously enough, that's one of the problems with the Leafs in general, not knowing when to simplify and when to use their talent. Sometimes a chip down the wall is better than attempting a tape to tape pass across the blueline

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's good offensively, particularly his passing ability. He has a natural gift of finding players at the perfect time and angle. You saw it tonight on the Jarnkork goal

But I think he gets a bit too carried away with it at times. I've noticed he likes to make some high danger plays that go wrong, the most obvious being on the 2-2 goal against Boston last Saturday

Hilariously enough, that's one of the problems with the Leafs in general, not knowing when to simplify and when to use their talent. Sometimes a chip down the wall is better than attempting a tape to tape pass across the blueline

Timmins will benefit from experience and maturity in his game .. hasn't even played 100 games yet so there is a lot of time.

But I love his mobility and playmaking confidence. He still makes a lot of smart decisions too. Lots of potential here.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Timmins will benefit from experience and maturity in his game .. hasn't even played 100 games yet so there is a lot of time.

But I love his mobility and playmaking confidence. He still makes a lot of smart decisions too. Lots of potential here.
This, all day every day.

His skills are obvious. His development has been badly derailed due to injuries.

He needs to be put into the lineup and not worry about being scratched every game. Tell him to keep it simple and let him get some continuity to his development and some confidence.

This kid was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. His ceiling is well above Holl's, and we can re-sign him for near league minimum.

If we handle this right, he could be an absolute fleecing of a deal for us.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This, all day every day.

His skills are obvious. His development has been badly derailed due to injuries.

He needs to be put into the lineup and not worry about being scratched every game. Tell him to keep it simple and let him get some continuity to his development and some confidence.

This kid was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. His ceiling is well above Holl's, and we can re-sign him for near league minimum.

If we handle this right, he could be an absolute fleecing of a deal for us.

The Leafs have done well with Liljegren so I hope they see a similar path but learn from what they did wrong (like scratch him in the playoffs). I'd say the trade is already close to a fleecing but time will tell.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Timmins is a perfect bottom six D paired with a Lyubushkin type on the left side. Timmins skating will always be his achilles heel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad