Confirmed with Link: [ARI/NYR] Derek Stepan and Antti Raanta for 7th overall and Anthony DeAngelo

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I don't care about losing the pick as this is a weak draft anyway. I'm liking more and more of what I'm seeing.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Within the last 24 hours:

Trade:

C.Murphy
A. DeAngelo
D. Tippet

For:

D. Stepan
A. Raanta
N. Hjalmarsson

I take it every day of the week....

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
I'm good with this, wasn't attached to the 7OA since there is just nobody there that I feel THAT strongly about. DeAngelo hurts a bit because of the potential, but there is still that potential disaster with him as well. We just bought a lot of time for Strome and Dvorak to grow into their roles properly without having to stick a 3rd line center into a first line role.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Basically I believe 7 for Stepan is fair. I also believe that 35 for Raanta is fair. This comes down to how much more you think DeAngelo is worth than the 35 or how much more you think Stepan is worth than the 7.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
I don't care about losing the pick as this is a weak draft anyway. I'm liking more and more of what I'm seeing.

Exactly!! i love this trade. potentially acquiring a 1C and starting goalie for a 7th pick in a draft that isnt supposed to be as good as next years draft. Deangelo we know is a very exciting player but there's no guarantee he pans out considering his defensive liability and he could be in suspension/disciplinary trouble for parts of his career.

I hope the fans in the valley that were attached to doan and tippett as discussed in the tipp thread can quickly get over all of that, because really exciting things are happening

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Absolutely brilliant two trades this morning. OMGSDIgjsdlkfjds I can even take it. Are people actually complaining about losing the 7th on a team with more prospects than it knows what to do with already? And losing a third pairing Dman who we paid a 2nd round pick for to get a guy presumably ready to be a #1 goalie??? Chayka is a wizard.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm happy to see Raanta get a chance and the top 3/4 looks great now.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Rangers fan here. I liked Stepan, but he struggled this year. Big cap number and a NMC that kicks in July 1st. Raanta is good, real good. Deserved to play more than he did, but it just wasn't going to happen with Lundqvist, although I wish it did.

Stepan is low end 1st line center, high-end 2nd line center. He is not a Crosby, Malkin, or Kane, but saying he is not in their class is not an insult. He is a good player and you guys will like him.

Now, what can you tell me about DeAngelo? Rumor all week was for Ekman-Larsson.

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
He's selling the future when we still have Strome, Dvorak, Keller, Chychrun, Domi, Perlini and Duclair. Plus guys like Wood, Merkley, Macinnis, and Capo hanging around. How are we selling the future?

you have to speculate to accumulate. great trade but if maker falls to 7th ill be pissed abit, but we have our number 1 centre and starting gk now and not another player for 2/3 years away.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not overly impressed, but I'll live with it. I do wonder if there was more than just rumour mongering about DeAngelo have bigger issues than just a potty mouth and a hothead.
I probably wouldn't have made this deal, but we didn't deal Strome/Dvorak/Domi and a first, and we also picked up a goaltender. One stop shopping.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
So what's your projected top lines now, Coyotes fans?

Will Stepan play with Keller?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad