Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It seems to me that most players get monkey crap thrown at them because they take on rolls that do not suit them, and then fail miserably. Schenn should make a very serviceable third pairing player for the Coyotes, adding some strength and toughness to the team. I think that he was asked to do more than he was capable of doing in LA and in Philly.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It seems to me that most players get monkey crap thrown at them because they take on rolls that do not suit them, and then fail miserably. Schenn should make a very serviceable third pairing player for the Coyotes, adding some strength and toughness to the team. I think that he was asked to do more than he was capable of doing in LA and in Philly.

Huh???

In Philly he was asked to be a defensively responsible 3rd pairing Dman. He played behind Coburn and Streit...then Gudas once Coburn was moved.

He was not asked to do anything more.

Currysux*

ah sure, ignore my 5,000 posts on what i really think of Schenn, McBain, Greene, and Scuderi

but to recap, all 4 suck but in order or less sucky to more sucky:

1-Schenn
2-McBain
3-Greene
4-Scuderi

that's all i said

i think you'll be disappointed once you catch up on some Kings News

Lmao I think you will. He was placed on unconditional waivers in the event that the Kings would need the cap space to sign Lucic. They weren't able to sign Lucic so they didn't buy out Greene.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like a very solid deal for some solid defensive depth, brings a physical presence and a RH shot. Hard to go wrong paying a decent bottom-pairing defenceman bottom-pairing money.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

For the most part in LA he was asked to play 3rd pairing minutes and was very bad at it. I'm thrilled he signed in the division and now just hope he is in the lineup every time we play them.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Mediocre 6/7D getting mediocre 6/7D money. Doesn't bring much other than strength and physicality, but he IS very strong and physical. Also brings OK hands and generally safe plays with the puck.

On the other side, though, his skating hurts him a lot, making him a liability offensively, and in some situations defensively too. A decent signing for the Yotes, but nothing special.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
So Arizona's defense is shaping up to look like.
LD Ekman-Larsson (A) RD Murphy
LD Goligoski RD Stone
LD Connauton RD L. Schenn

Extra's
#7 RD Z. Michalek
#8 LD Dahlbeck
#9 RD McBain (Tucson AHL) < has to clear waivers
LTIR D Pronger

Prospects in the Coyotes Organization, Minors
RD DeAngelo (Tucson AHL)
LD Tinordi (Tucson AHL) < has to clear waivers
RD Wood (Tucson AHL)
RD Mayo (Tucson AHL)
LD Hache (Tucson AHL)
LD Mermis (Tucson AHL) or (Rapid City ECHL)
RD Holland < not sure if he's still in the organization

Juniors/College/Europe
LD Chychrun (Sarnia OHL)
LD Dineen (North Bay OHL)
LD Capobianco (Sudbury OHL)
LD Westlund (Timrå IK Allsvenskan) < league below SHL
RD Clifton (Quinnipiac NCAA-ECAC)
LD Kudla (Dubuque USHL)
RD Stewart (U of Nebraska-Omaha NCAA-NCHC)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So Arizona's defense is shaping up to look like.
LD Ekman-Larsson (A) RD Murphy
LD Goligoski RD Stone
LD Connauton RD L. Schenn

Extra's
#7 RD Z. Michalek
#8 LD Dahlbeck
#9 RD McBain (Tucson AHL) < has to clear waivers
LTIR D Pronger

Prospects in the Coyotes Organization, Minors
RD DeAngelo (Tucson AHL)
LD Tinordi (Tucson AHL) < has to clear waivers
RD Wood (Tucson AHL)
RD Mayo (Tucson AHL)
LD Hache (Tucson AHL)
LD Mermis (Tucson AHL) or (Rapid City ECHL)
RD Holland < not sure if he's still in the organization

Juniors/College/Europe
LD Chychrun (Sarnia OHL)
LD Dineen (North Bay OHL)
LD Capobianco (Sudbury OHL)
LD Westlund (Timrå IK Allsvenskan) < league below SHL
RD Clifton (Quinnipiac NCAA-ECAC)
LD Kudla (Dubuque USHL)
RD Stewart (U of Nebraska-Omaha NCAA-NCHC)
I'm not 100% sure wood is ahl bound, I think we have the ohl or ahl option. Otherwise looks good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Serviceable as a #6 RHD

Is DeAngelo expected to make the team? Schenn would be an ideal partner for him on their bottom pair.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

Lmao I think you will. He was placed on unconditional waivers in the event that the Kings would need the cap space to sign Lucic. They weren't able to sign Lucic so they didn't buy out Greene.

He was acknowledging that Greene wasn't bought out, and correcting that guy.

You should work on your reading comprehension.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Mediocre 6/7D getting mediocre 6/7D money. Doesn't bring much other than strength and physicality, but he IS very strong and physical. Also brings OK hands and generally safe plays with the puck.

On the other side, though, his skating hurts him a lot, making him a liability offensively, and in some situations defensively too. A decent signing for the Yotes, but nothing special.

We're severely void of both strength and physicality so this was a low cost roll of the dice to try and shore that up. If he's good enough to get on the ice and help us in those areas, great. If not, it's not like we blew a ton of cash/cap space on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad