Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Here come the Stone to Toronto proposals.

Or the Z. Michalek to Toronto proposals. Wouldn't be ridiculous if we could move out Hunwick so Marincin plays bottom pairing instead of top pairing with Rielly.

Cap would have to go the other way too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Assuming he's at least a slight upgrade on Michalek this gives AZ a top six of...

OEL-Murphy
Goose-Stone
KConn-Schenn

And then all of Michalek, Dahlbeck, Tinordi, and DeAngelo as pro depth. That's some serious cash tied up in reserves. Another move HAS to be coming. That's way too much money for your 7th-10th D when you're a budget team.

1971kingsfan

Jun 9, 2011
Great, I had to put up with him in LA and now in AZ. The guy is a pylon. He's out of position constantly. He excels at screening his own goaltender though.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Schenn for 1.25M is a good signing. He's a big body that dishes out hits like anyones business. Hopefully the Coyotes can pair him with a smooth skating defensemen capable of a good outlet pass to cover his other deficiencies. I'm happy to see him get a chance in the league, he always seemed to be a decent character guy and I was really hoping he'd amount to more than he has.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Good for Luke. He is a stand-up guy and well respected in the locker room. To bad his foot speed sucks and that was a main reason he became something of a whipping boy here in Philly( we always seem to have one). You could do worse as a bottom pair d-man and do not expect anymore than that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good for Luke. He is a stand-up guy and well respected in the locker room. To bad his foot speed sucks and that was a main reason he became something of a whipping boy here in Philly( we always seem to have one). You could do worse as a bottom pair d-man and do not expect anymore than that.

I'd expect him to play on the bottom pair with Connauton.

OEL-Murphy and Goligoski-Stone will get 90% of the even strength ice-time. KConn will get some PP shifts and Schenn will get some PK shifts. Overall, I expect KConn and Schenn to have extremely limited TOI/GP.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
So LA let's Schenn & McBain go

and keeps Greene & Scuderi

i know it's UFAs vs players still under contract, but still... :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad