PTO: [ARI] F Ryan Dzingel (released), D Austin Strand (released), D Olli Juolevi (released)+ others sign PTOs with the Coyotes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The coyotes will have 3 games on the same day this pre season. One in St Louis, one in Wichita and one in Australia. They’ll be bringing almost all of the players that they expect to actually make the team to Australia. They’ll fill the other two rosters with AHLers, PTOs, and amateurs.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really hope Juolevi earns a contract and has a season like Valimaki did.

I hope so too. That'd be a nice story. But i think realistically, that ship has sailed. Juolevi's development is just so much further off track than Valimaki's was. Valimaki really just lost a season and Calgary were impatient with him coming back. Juolevi has lost a lot more time than that and is already quite a bit further down the wrong runway in his development. I'm also just really not sure that he's ever going to be able to get that lost mobility back, much less build on it up to an NHL level like Jusso was able to.

Valimaki had looked pretty promising at the NHL level as a rookie with Calgary, before he got injured and his development was derailed a bit. Juolevi has...never really looked NHL caliber in anything outside of his passing, and outlet pass in particular. Nothing so much as a spark of being on track to play at that level like Valimaki previously had.

rt

May 13, 2004
Why is there preseason sched like that ?
Because they always get signed up for the crazy scheduling. I think it’s a holdover from being league owned. They’d get the short end so that others wouldn’t. And generally that’s been ok since they’re usually trying to lose. This year they aren’t tanking but they also aren’t competing for a playoff spot. It’s a “taking a step” season like Buffalo and Ottawa and Detroit had recently. So again, not a big deal. Hopefully they’ll gradually get fewer carnival style schedules. Maybe if they get a real nhl arena, that will signal an end to the crazy scheduling shenanigans from the league.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Really thought Olli would help out in Tucson.

HyLO0QP.jpg

rt

May 13, 2004
They returned from Australia and released all of the extra players as expected. Those players knew the drill when they signed. They got a chance to play in nhl preseason games and show other teams what they can do. That was the opportunity.

Reactions: Heldig

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
They returned from Australia and released all of the extra players as expected. Those players knew the drill when they signed. They got a chance to play in nhl preseason games and show other teams what they can do. That was the opportunity.
The Coyotes roster was pretty much set before preseason started, the PTOs, as far as I understand, were for insurance reasons and plus you can't blame them for wanting to wear the Kachina across their chest. Only a few get the honor every season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad