Confirmed Buy-Out [ARI] Coyotes buy out F Zach Kassian and D Patrik Nemeth

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
ASU takes care of that, it's their arena. I guess you didn't know it. The team is currently looking for somewhere to build there own arena with the owner's, Meruelo, construction company. Now when you troll, perhaps, you won't look so foolishly.
Lmfao… that team should have been moved out of that state years ago… and like I care who pays the Zamboni driver at the tiny ass arena they play at… which, by the way, is smaller than most OHL arenas.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Lmfao… that team should have been moved out of that state years ago… and like I care who pays the Zamboni driver at the tiny ass arena they play at… which, by the way, is smaller than most OHL arenas.
You mean when Gretzky was involved with moving the team to the other side of Glendale and help drive the team into the ground pretending to be a coach?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Leafs should get kassian on a 1 year deal. Sit him all year and unleash him on tkachuk in the playoffs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You see before they would make a trade with a team that doesn't have the cap flexibility to do their own buyout and they extort them for several draft picks (usually multiple 2nd rounders). This is what they did last year.

This year they saved money by buying these players out as they aren't part of their future. They use the money they save to sign/pay different players to play for them. They aren't taking on bad contracts to do that.

Summer has just begun. How do you know they aren't trading for more bad contracts?

They definitely should have kept these two players. That would make them LESS pathetic, right? Good move. You should apply to be a GM.

No, they should act like a real team, and try to actually be good every year, instead of annually having 10-20 mil of other teams bad contracts as they still do. These buyouts are about them having even more dead cap to hit the floor easier.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Summer has just begun. How do you know they aren't trading for more bad contracts?

No, they should act like a real team, and try to actually be good every year, instead of annually having 10-20 mil of other teams bad contracts as they still do. These buyouts are about them having even more dead cap to hit the floor easier.
You're trying to make the argument that getting rid of two of the worst players in the league is a negative

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Report from Seravelli

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You're trying to make the argument that getting rid of two of the worst players in the league is a negative

No, I am trying to point out that Arizona is doing what they always do, get dead cap to hit the floor while spending as little as they can.

Report from Seravelli

This is one of those see it to believe it things. The arena deal was going through 2-3 months ago, until it wasn't. This also isn't the first offseason where they were "intending" on getting better.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Kassisn had 2 goals and 0 assists in 51 games last year? How is that even possible? Was he playing like 30 seconds per game?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
21M in dead cap.
31M in cap space.
A ton of picks for the next three years, at least.

If the Yotes had better people at the helm they could load up and compete right now and build up their future through picks. Force their window open and as the picks develop in, keep it open.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
No, I am trying to point out that Arizona is doing what they always do, get dead cap to hit the floor while spending as little as they can.

This is one of those see it to believe it things. The arena deal was going through 2-3 months ago, until it wasn't. This also isn't the first offseason where they were "intending" on getting better.
So if their team gets better with more dead cap that's somehow bad?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Bettman: “My baby, my precious baby!”

Arizona:

uma.jpg

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So if their team gets better with more dead cap that's somehow bad?

What is your definition of getting better? The UFA market is pretty bad this year and not many of the higher end players are going to want to play in Arizona right now. They have 20+ in dead cap, so even if they spend 60 mil more on the rest of the team, which they won't be, that would still be a lower tier team.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It was a joke. Sort of.
The captaincy is waiting for Matthews in 2024. It looks like they can sign Nylander and still be under the cap. This is also a joke. Sort of. Sorry I've been dealing with people here not knowing what's really going on with the franchise, but insist that they know more than I.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Just bring in Price and you have a good core! 1C Little, 1W Voracek, 1D Weber and 1G Price. Wait...

Reactions: torniojaws

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
From +2 and skating in 16 playoff games for the Oilers to -18 in one season?

Could be a worthwhile training camp invite for a team in need of an inexpensive lower line forward with some heaviness.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
21M in dead cap.
31M in cap space.
A ton of picks for the next three years, at least.

If the Yotes had better people at the helm they could load up and compete right now and build up their future through picks. Force their window open and as the picks develop in, keep it open.
This line of thinking is why they’ve always been bad.

From +2 and skating in 16 playoff games for the Oilers to -18 in one season?

Could be a worthwhile training camp invite for a team in need of an inexpensive lower line forward with some heaviness.
He was by far and away the worst player on the coyotes. The coyotes are not good.

Kassisn had 2 goals and 0 assists in 51 games last year? How is that even possible? Was he playing like 30 seconds per game?
That would’ve been 30 seconds too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad