Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Connor Murphy (6 years, $3.85M AAV)

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Wild were hoping to sign Dumba to 1.5 million :laugh: His agent is definitely using this.

This is a good deal for both sides right now

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I dont know enough about Murphy to give a proper comment on that one but as per what I can see he's top 4 and at 3.850M for 6 yrs, that sounds like a very decent offer

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I dont know enough about Murphy to give a proper comment on that one but as per what I can see he's top 4 and at 3.850M for 6 yrs, that sounds like a very decent offer

Dead on. Murphy is solid top 4D with top 2 potential. This is a really good deal seeing as how valuable young top 4, RHD's are today.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Well you aren't wrong.

But from this contract?

6 year long buy-out proof contracts has been the norm this offseason. This one might be different in structure but 6 years is still ridiculously long.

Not all of these young guys are going to perform or live up to their contracts, and the owners won't be happy.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I always liked Murphy, and this is a steal if he continue to grow. He is a better fit with OEL than Stone, just that make him Worth a lot.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don't really know about Murphy but he seems like a pretty good young dman.

Seems like a very solid contract.

What type of dmen is he?? Does he has top pairing upside?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Wild were hoping to sign Dumba to 1.5 million :laugh: His agent is definitely using this.

I doubt the Wild are offering Dumba a 6 year deal. More likely it will be 2, and his AAV will be much lower.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I am sure the sens are paying attention for Ceci.

Good contract for sure.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Damn. Amazing deal. The Yotes are having a very solid offseason. Excited to watch this team with that young core.

The bold is absolutely false, no where has that ever been said or reported. Can you provide any links to support that? If the Wild were able to get Dumba to sign a contract like that they would be pretty satisfied...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad