Confirmed Trade: [ARI/CHI] Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, 2019 3rd for Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Plus Arizona added a 2nd on top of it. They really got next to nothing for taking Datsuk.

Depends on how much better of a player Chychrun is compared to Cholowski. I think in the long run this will be a deal we look back in and it's heavily favored for Zona

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
[Hossa] 'retired' in that he's played his last hockey game (he even admitted this recently in his native country) but he obviously doesn't officially announce it because then his contract would terminate.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Morrison

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Depends on how much better of a player Chychrun is compared to Cholowski. I think in the long run this will be a deal we look back in and it's heavily favored for Zona
I'm going to ignore the players actually taken and just look at picks. Moving up 4 spots in the middle of the 1st rounds should cost roughly a 2nd round pick. In reality, Arizona took Datsuk for free. It was a weird trade made by an inexperienced GM. Detroit is still screwed, but they got out of the Datsuk debacle quite easily.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If the price to do it was Hinistroza, I don't regret it. Would be more of the same here in MTL. I would have wanted a pick or a D (which is something CHI might not have wanted to do or been able to offer).

yeah my original post was from a different thread wich was deleted and transfered here. wasn't aware Hinostroza was the player coming back

Reactions: Chris Cutter

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
For once I'd like Arizona to get something more than peanuts for accepting these deals.

They barely got anything for eating the Datsyuk contract.
Coyotes got Chychrun in that deal....that was a tremendous get for Arizona.

Reactions: Peanut

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm going to ignore the players actually taken and just look at picks. Moving up 4 spots in the middle of the 1st rounds should cost roughly a 2nd round pick. In reality, Arizona took Datsuk for free. It was a weird trade made by an inexperienced GM. Detroit is still screwed, but they got out of the Datsuk debacle quite easily.

It wasn't weird. The Coyotes used Datsyuk's cap hit to help reach the cap floor without spending extra money.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Oh god what is Chicago clearing space for.

I bet they're making space for Panarin back...maybe Pacioretty

From a Montreal perspective Chicago has a lot of young players that intrigue me(outside of Schmaltz and Debrincat obviously unless Bowman happens to feel extra kind today). However, if it were something to do with Pacioretty I don't see why Montreal wouldn't just take Hossa's deal as well to lower the price a bit. More likely something to do with the Faulk rumours that were buzzing around earlier

Reactions: Chris Cutter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad