Confirmed Trade: [ARI/CHI] Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, 2019 3rd for Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ya, the Canucks finished strong too.

It’s largely just garbage players trying to convice management they’re not garbage players by taking advantage of coasting teams during garbage time.

While late season runs by basement teams usually can't be counted on to carry over into next season, the Coyotes also had an epically bad start to the season (1 win in their first 15 or something?) which wasn't really reflective of the team. Balance the two ends out and it wouldn't be a surprise if they could be closer to a bubble team than back in the basement this season.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
So the most overrated GM in the league, Stan Bowman, has lost another trade...

How did he lose out ? Kruger fills a nice void at the bottom whom is reliable. Hinostroza was all speed but I think they didn't see him really progressing into top 6 . We are free of that albatross hanging around hossa contract.

We gain cap space, Kruger 2.5 mill
So between osterle and hinostroza it's a wash .

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I mean, this is what, the 20th time this has happened? Hasn't the novelty worn off yet?
no it's obvious to everyone except a few blind homers. but props to the Hawks for dancing around the cap

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT CHAYKA IS A GENIUS HERE.

"The impetus for the deal, plain and simple, was Hossa’s contract."

Blackhawks dump Hossa contract on Coyotes, give up Hinostroza, Oesterle in nine-piece deal

Chicago wins all day.
They actually do, but I won't let the pundits on this forum think they did. I'd much rather talk about how the Hossa contract circumvents the ca.....

Wait, the Hawks don't have that problem any more!!!!

Ah, it's a great time to be a Hawks fan.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Yotes continue to give “fun coupons” to the rest of the league rather than actually try and build a team. In my heart of hearts I’ve always hoped they’d build a team and create a following, but I have no idea if it’ll ever happen at this rate. For the fans that are there I hope they don’t relocate because being a Pens fan I understand the heartache of being a hardcore fan and not knowing if my team will be there the next year... But damn...

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
im not even sure Marcus Kruger is a reliable NHL player anymore at this point

Marcus Kruger played through a sports hernia injury this past year which explains the season he had. He had his surgery a couple of weeks ago and should have a much better season with the Hawks. He is very excited to be back and will be fully healthy. He still wins 55 percent of his faceoffs and his defensive game should be much better now that he will be fully healed and exicted to be back in Hawkland

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yotes continue to give “fun coupons” to the rest of the league rather than actually try and build a team

What in this deal indicates the Coyotes are not building a team?
They gained 2 NHL level players, shipped out 1, and took a 3rd for a prospect who was drafted in the third + a 5th. The cap hit money is more or less irrelevant to the Yotes side.

If you wanna complain the team doesn't have much money to spend, take a number. But they aren't just sitting around not trying to improve their lot, in fact taking these cap hit deals shows quite the opposite. In each case they brought NHL pieces back to add to the team with very little negative impact to the existing roster.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
long contracts with a lower salaries the final years is still an illegal contract in the CBA which you dont seem to get despite being told dozens of times...
I don't have it memorized, but I'm pretty sure "long contracts with a(?) lower salaries (in) in the final years" isn't a term used in the CBA.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
How long before Arizona can ice a tema full of guys that will never play again?

At some point, these contracts are going to kill Arizona if they ever decide to be competitive.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
What in this deal indicates the Coyotes are not building a team?
They gained 2 NHL level players, shipped out 1, and took a 3rd for a prospect who was drafted in the third + a 5th. The cap hit money is more or less irrelevant to the Yotes side.

If you wanna complain the team doesn't have much money to spend, take a number. But they aren't just sitting around not trying to improve their lot, in fact taking these cap hit deals shows quite the opposite. In each case they brought NHL pieces back to add to the team with very little negative impact to the existing roster.

It shows management wants to scrimp and pay the bare minimum, and would rather take on a bunch of cap to hit the floor than pay good players and build a team. They did this deal to save millions in cash. Not for hockey reasons.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This thread, this trade, this GM is a cartoon come to life.

Look at these lines:

Panik Ribeiro Hossa
Grabner Bolland Keller
Perlini Stephan Fischer
Richardson Galchenyuk Merkley

OEL Goligoski
Hjalmarsson Demers
Chychrun Mayonnaise

Raanta
Kuemper

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Does Arizona have any plan for getting out of the basement? It seems like their yearly goal is to just hit the cap floor. Pathetic return for taking on that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad