Arena usher tonight

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Big Bjugs, you kind of misunderstood the rant. Benched isn't pissed off because he wasn't allowed to stay there, he's pissed off because of the way the usher acted.

And to be honest, I'd probably be pissed off too. Someone should tweet this to Cifu or something.

Pissed off because the usher was doing his job by pointing to their seats? Either you're too touchy or you're flat out missing the point here.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Dude, complaining about how you're treated when you're clearly doing something that is viewed as "wrong" in LITERALLY EVERY SPORTS ARENA IN NORTH AMERICA is asinine.

You shouldn't have done that. I thought this story was going to be about how you and your girl wanted to take pictures during warmup and the guy hassled you.

You tried getting a better seat without actually paying for it. That's not cool and you really have nothing to complain about.

I do that all the time when Panthers come here. No one owns that seat until they show up prior to game. My take.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Big Bjugs, you kind of misunderstood the rant. Benched isn't pissed off because he wasn't allowed to stay there, he's pissed off because of the way the usher acted.

And to be honest, I'd probably be pissed off too. Someone should tweet this to Cifu or something.

This. And I said it twice in the OP which Big Bjugs probably didn't read. If that's his job, fine. But do it with some dank dignity.

FlaPantherSwe*

You are a ******* for complaining after doing a obvious seat stealing.. However it's hard to care when arena is almost empty.. But rules are rules for reasons

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is amazing. The thread is about a rude employee, not seat stealing. It doesn't matter if the customer is wrong. It also doesn't matter if you've seen worse or if the attendant was having a bad day. All customers should be treated with the highest level of service. Even belligerent or potentially violent ones can be treated in a way where customer service isn't sacrificed.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
See There you go.

So how do they stop people from crossing the street instead of parking at the arena?

That's less revenue still which is what this talk comes down to right?
They were planning to charge people who were crossing the street several years ago?
But didn't happen or parking was included in ticket price.

JOL

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is amazing. The thread is about a rude employee, not seat stealing. It doesn't matter if the customer is wrong. It also doesn't matter if you've seen worse or if the attendant was having a bad day. All customers should be treated with the highest level of service. Even belligerent or potentially violent ones can be treated in a way where customer service isn't sacrificed.

I don't think it's a lack of comprehension at all. The seat stealing was what preceded the perceived lack of customer service. You can't address one issue and completely over look the other. In my mind yes customer service is key. But is the customer always entitled to golden spoon treatment when they obviously break the purchase agreement that they enter into? Absolutely not. And a finger pointing back to your seat in my opinion is far from the worst way the situation could have been handled.

Let's say for example I go to a grocery store all the time. I buy all of my groceries there. This time I go and decide I am going to take a gallon of milk and not pay for it. I get caught by security and get a stern talking to and a threat to call the police. Now is the grocery store in the wrong for treating me in such a manner? I mean I go there all the time, have spent lots of money there for years, and it's a little mom and pop store that obviously needs customers to survive.

I mean I think we all have a strong opinion on this one way or another. So I think it is just an agree to disagree situation for many of us. But my opinion is this is a "nothing to see here" situation.

Last edited:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Since most of the people who replied to me obviously didn't read all of my post or are just choosing to ignore it, I'll make it a little clearer:

I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT HE MADE ME MOVE SEATS! I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW HE WENT ABOUT MAKING ME MOVE SEATS!

As a customer service rep, you should be able to do your job without being an *******. You should be able to do your job with a smile on your face and a good attitude no matter what is going on. I work at a Jewish deli in Boca. There are many times where I get up for the day and the last place I want to be is there. There are many times I have wanted to tell customers off. There are many times they have been dead wrong and I still handle the situation with respect. Whether you think I was wrong for moving down four rows to get a better view, whatever. I personally don't think there should be a problem with it. When I was growing up, I went to Marlins games 20 times a year. Since nobody went and there were empty seats all over, security and ushers had no problem with people moving down after games started. If BB&T does, fine. Personally, I don't think that that is a good way to get people to keep coming back. I was talking to a guy while in line for Tim Hortons who was a SSO. He was telling me that most of the people he sits with on the reg in 125 are people who have seats in the 300s. They move down to 125 after the game starts. They just can't sit in the front row. So the arena doesn't care if you move down; just as long as you don't move to row 1. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but if that's the policy, fine. I have no problem with him telling me I can't sit there.

I don't think it's a lack of comprehension at all. The seat stealing was what preceded the perceived lack of customer service. You can't address one issue and completely over look the other. In my mind yes customer service is key. But is the customer always entitled to golden spoon treatment when they obviously break the purchase agreement that they enter into? Absolutely not. And a finger pointing back to your seat in my opinion is far from the worst way the situation could have been handled.

Let's say for example I go to a grocery store all the time. I buy all of my groceries there. This time I go and decide I am going to take a gallon of milk and not pay for it. I get caught by security and get a stern talking to and a threat to call the police. Now is the grocery store in the wrong for treating me in such a manner? I mean I go there all the time, have spent lots of money there for years, and it's a little mom and pop store that obviously needs customers to survive.

I mean I think we all have a strong opinion on this one way or another. So I think it is just an agree to disagree situation for many of us. But my opinion is this is a "nothing to see here" situation.
If you think moving down five rows from your seats that you paid for is the same as stealing a gallon of milk, all I can say is... wow.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Thank you, Based LUUUUUUUUIS! :yo:

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Since most of the people who replied to me obviously didn't read all of my post or are just choosing to ignore it, I'll make it a little clearer:

I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT HE MADE ME MOVE SEATS! I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW HE WENT ABOUT MAKING ME MOVE SEATS!

As a customer service rep, you should be able to do your job without being an *******. You should be able to do your job with a smile on your face and a good attitude no matter what is going on. I work at a Jewish deli in Boca. There are many times where I get up for the day and the last place I want to be is there. There are many times I have wanted to tell customers off. There are many times they have been dead wrong and I still handle the situation with respect. Whether you think I was wrong for moving down four rows to get a better view, whatever. I personally don't think there should be a problem with it. When I was growing up, I went to Marlins games 20 times a year. Since nobody went and there were empty seats all over, security and ushers had no problem with people moving down after games started. If BB&T does, fine. Personally, I don't think that that is a good way to get people to keep coming back. I was talking to a guy while in line for Tim Hortons who was a SSO. He was telling me that most of the people he sits with on the reg in 125 are people who have seats in the 300s. They move down to 125 after the game starts. They just can't sit in the front row. So the arena doesn't care if you move down; just as long as you don't move to row 1. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but if that's the policy, fine. I have no problem with him telling me I can't sit there.

If you think moving down five rows from your seats that you paid for is the same as stealing a gallon of milk, all I can say is... wow.

I think everyone comprehends the situation just fine thankyou, it's just that some of us think that an usher pointing his finger to someone doing the wrong thing is an acceptable response and don't view you as a poor "victim" of usher-rage.

What are you gonna say in your complaint to management, "The usher then pointed me to my seat"? Not a compelling argument that he has done anything wrong.

Maybe spice it up a bit, "It's not that he pointed his finger, it's HOW he pointed his finger that really upset me".

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City

I think most of us understand that your issue isn't that you had to move back to your original seats, but how the guy approached you. I just think most of us disagree that the guy was rude to you or at least rude enough to warrant the anger you have toward him. You are placing the blame on the guy, but placing little acknowledgement on the fact that you weren't adhering to the policies of the arena and the guy was trying to do what he felt was his job. Could he have been nicer about it? Sure, but I don't think the guy owes it to you when you aren't following the agreement you made when you purchased your ticket.

You are correct my analogy was a little extreme. There is obviously a difference between shoplifting and moving down a few rows at a sporting event from a legal standpoint. I don't think it is that different from an ethical standpoint if there is a difference in cost between the seats you purchased and the seats you were attempting to move to. But that is my opinion and not a can of worms that I think is worth opening. But I probably should have chosen a better analogy. In terms of your treatment though we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I obviously don't know you personally and I am sure you are a nice dude, but I would suggest maybe from both this experience and based on your annoyance that clearly a majority of the people who have responded disagree with your opinion, that maybe you need to get a little thicker skin and let this one go.

And that's all I got to say about this little topic. GO PANTHERS!!!! :)

Last edited:

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I can read just fine, it's stupid you made a thread and you're crying about some guy pointing his finger. You were in the wrong, his actions took away any possibility of a debate, which could've caused others to miss the play on the ice due to his standing there trying to coddle your feelings. Toughen up, what's the point in making the thread?

Sounds to me you were embarrassed and this is the only way you know how to vent instead of shaking it off and carrying on with life.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I can read just fine, it's stupid you made a thread and you're crying about some guy pointing his finger. You were in the wrong, his actions took away any possibility of a debate, which could've caused others to miss the play on the ice due to his standing there trying to coddle your feelings. Toughen up, what's the point in making the thread?

Sounds to me you were embarrassed and this is the only way you know how to vent instead of shaking it off and carrying on with life.

I shook it off fine. It bothered me for a bit but I got over it and enjoyed a good game. My point for making a thread was that this is how the employees at an arena of a team that has trouble getting fans to show up in the first place treat the ones that do show up like ****. Had this happened to a casual fan and not a diehard like me, maybe said fan doesn't show up again for a while and tells his friends about his experience and then we lose a bunch of ticket sales because one employee isn't good at customer service.

And I didn't move during the game. I moved during an intermission. So no one missed any play.

But if you want to see it as me just being a complainer, fine.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
moving from row 30 to 25 is not the same as moving from row 5 to row 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad