Arena usher tonight

Madhatter73

Apr 20, 2004
I understand that the usher didn't use the best of polite methods to tell you to move seats, but he was just doing his job. I'd be upset if I was sitting in Row 1 and paid double than fans in Row 5 only to have Row 5 fans move down. I wouldn't have let this small incident bug me the whole game nor I think deserves a letter to management.

17 year SSO and I sit in front row club. Pay for a full season there. Its annoying and frustrating to see people pay less and feel they have the right to the level of seats I pay for just because they're empty. It lowers the perceived value of the ticket I worked hard for and paid for.

Its no different than the Yorkman giveaways and discounts of years past.

It makes me question why I even bother paying full price if I could pay less and sit there anyway.

Enforcing seating is the only way the arena can maintain pricing integrity.

Don't like it? Buy a better ticket. Otherwise, let us in the front row enjoy our bonus elbow room.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Poachers of seats are extremly annoying and the Usher is right and you are wrong.

It is extremely annoying when a person goes to their season seats, or seats paid for that game, and there is someone sitting there. Why should I be inconvenienced, even if only for a minute or so, simply because someone wants to get a better view?

If you want the better seat then pay for it! I will never understand why people think that they have a right to take a seat that they did not pay for simply because it is empty.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
poachers of seats are extremly annoying and the usher is right and you are wrong.

It is extremely annoying when a person goes to their season seats, or seats paid for that game, and there is someone sitting there. Why should i be inconvenienced, even if only for a minute or so, simply because someone wants to get a better view?

If you want the better seat then pay for it! I will never understand why people think that they have a right to take a seat that they did not pay for simply because it is empty.

merica!

GoRatsGo

Heffalump Country
Apr 25, 2007
100 Aker Wood
fa7eac86d290d1ae1c3d4bbd806ba88d8b0c157d7b600444c2dca5c42f9a206c.jpg

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This is just like when people download their music for free instead of paying for it. Why does no one get upset when people do that?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This is just like when people download their music for free instead of paying for it. Why does no one get upset when people do that?

Or people parking at sawgrass and walking across instead of paying for parking......parking is including in the ticket prices now right?

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
He could have been more polite, but I don't believe he was inappropriate. If all he did was ask for tickets and point to where u should go, fair enough. Not sure you need to be pandered to in that situation.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
It's been a few years since I've been to a game at the bac but if I wanted to move down I would give the usher a $20 and tell him of my plans to move down to the glass before the game started. I usually had to wait until the second period but 60% of the time it worked every time.

So Panthers:laugh: 60% of time works 100% guyssss

Jan 19, 2006
seat poachers

One time I came to my seats at the BAC (at the time) and lo and behold there was someone familiar sitting in my seat.

I looked at him and said "You are Michael Yormark"

He stood up, made eye contact and said "Yes, I am..."

Before he could extend his hand I made the hitchhiking sign with my thumb and said "You are sitting in my seat".

He got up and left.

I really enjoyed that.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
One time I came to my seats at the BAC (at the time) and lo and behold there was someone familiar sitting in my seat.

Before he could extend his hand I made the hitchhiking sign with my thumb and said "You are sitting in my seat".

He got up and left.

I really enjoyed that.

:laugh:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Honestly, it sounds to me like he knew full well you weren't supposed to be there, you knew full well you weren't supposed to be there, and he was annoyed that he had to get involved in the first place. I see his point.

If no one is sitting in the luxury boxes that night, are you annoyed that the usher stops you from taking up residence in one? Are you one of those people who buys a ticket for a movie and feels like they should be able to stay all day just because there's available seats in every other theater for every other movie?

The guy was doing his job, and he was a lot nicer about it than he needed to be by the sound of things. I can understand wanting to move up a bit if no one is sitting there, I've done it too...but the last thing I'd ever do is get pissy about a guy coming over and doing his job telling me I had to move back to the seats I actually paid for. Even worse to blast him by name publicly.

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City
I wasn't the only one this happened to. Anyone else who tried to move seats to that row got the same treatment, no matter when during the game they moved. Two younger girls came down during the first intermission to take pictures against the glass. I heard David treat them the exact same way he treated me and my girlfriend. Another young man came down before the third period started to snap some pictures of Luongo. Again, same thing.

I would have to believe, this may be reason he may have been a little frank with you. I am sure there are people who try to move down multiple times each game. Then lets take into account that he probably works every home game. So 41 games each year he probably has to have the same conversation multiple times a night. I am sure after a while it probably gets annoying for the guy to have to be the seat police.

At the end of the day you weren't where you were supposed to be and the guy shouldn't have been put in the position to have to make a good impression.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dude, complaining about how you're treated when you're clearly doing something that is viewed as "wrong" in LITERALLY EVERY SPORTS ARENA IN NORTH AMERICA is asinine.

You shouldn't have done that. I thought this story was going to be about how you and your girl wanted to take pictures during warmup and the guy hassled you.

You tried getting a better seat without actually paying for it. That's not cool and you really have nothing to complain about.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

He got up and left.

I really enjoyed that.
Did you scrub the seat clean before you sat down? :sarcasm:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
As someone who never sits in the seat I paid for at a Panthers game, I can't disagree with the OP more.

You were completely obvious about what you were doing and got caught. You also tried to upgrade to the glass which is always a huge no-no in taking free upgrades. It's like speeding on the highway. If you are going 5 mph over the limit and pass a cop. 9/10 times he won't bother you, but if you are doing 100, you are gonna get nailed every time

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lol, wow. If you can't handle some guy just pointing his finger at you, I don't know what to tell you. Especially when you're in the wrong. Then you make a thread about it? He wasn't rude, he just pointed his finger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad