Arena to be named...

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I used to work at a "Green" building. All the individual offices had electric heaters in them that the employees brought from home. Obviously, a green building wouldn't work for an ice area. "Carbon Neutral" sounds pretty phony if Bezos is buying carbon credits to offset it.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
We all know how this is going to go down. By the time opening night comes around, this place is going to be affectionately referred to as the Krakhouse, and the fans Krakheads. I mean...it’s inevitable.

I also don’t think it takes long, seafood rich area as it is, before the octopi or squid start flying around.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I also don’t think it takes long, seafood rich area as it is, before the octopi or squid start flying around.
That was my only argument against picking Sockeye or Steelhead. Not a tradition I want started in Seattle, but I feel like it’s inevitable.

Slightly off topic- is it too not-kid friendly to have Cthulhu as our mascot roaming the seats? Cthulhu would out-Gritty even Gritty.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That was my only argument against picking Sockeye or Steelhead. Not a tradition I want started in Seattle, but I feel like it’s inevitable.

Slightly off topic- is it too not-kid friendly to have Cthulhu as our mascot roaming the seats? Cthulhu would our-Gritty even Gritty.
It'll wind up being a kid friendly Cthulhu like this:
BLACK_FRIDAY_1024x1024.jpg

Book it...

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We all know how this is going to go down. By the time opening night comes around, this place is going to be affectionately referred to as the Krakhouse, and the fans Krakheads. I mean...it’s inevitable.

Imma Krakwhore, lol.

Octpus would be such a rip off, we should throw crack pipes on the ice. If someone throws a squid, it better be a Humboldt, and not one of those tiny ones I use for sturgeon bait.

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
How much Amazon pays for name rights? Are they now official sponsor of the team?

Can this effect that Amazon will be NHL New digital partner. Soon NHL is looking for a new TV-Deal for USA markets.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Not without pv broadcasting the whole league.

Serious doubts that would happen, as far as I know prime video has never done any line streaming or anything
They did thursday night football for the last couple years. if Amazon has a vested interest in the Kraken, it's more than a possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad