Arena to be named...

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
LadyStanley: Would The Emerald Palace be a suitable nickname for the arena?

Sorry, I can't wrap my head about the name they selected(no matter how I feel about the issue they're trying to make a point about-and I'm NOT entertaining any sort of a discussion about that issue, so every one of you can stop trying to drag this conversation into this area).

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Better than Amazon Arena. It's a name that for sure can be changed and really doesn't matter what it is. To me more important is what big bucks Bezos paid for the rights to name it. Hope it was a ton of money and that bodes well for the franchise.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Better than Amazon Arena. It's a name that for sure can be changed and really doesn't matter what it is. To me more important is what big bucks Bezos paid for the rights to name it. Hope it was a ton of money and that bodes well for the franchise.

Its pocket change for him that makes little difference on actual impact on the environment. Its nothing more than a PR stunt.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Wow....left Seattle years ago. Glad you guys are getting a team and I hope make a run like Vegas...it's good for the league to have such parity. But my Lord, what a stupid name for a rink. What I like about hockey is that there isn't as much virtue signalling and they stay out of politics. It's an escape for all involved. Thanks for nothing, Bezos.

LGB!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I cant wait till my Oilers play your Seattle Zero Carbon Emissions. I will be flying to your fine town in a gas guzzling plane and renting a big SUV to drive to my hotel for our first road game in your fine town. :D

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Actually its 10,000 times worse than anything anyone could have thought of. Its even worse than the Don't Eat Meat Pavillion as someone else said on Twitter.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Just for fun, I mentioned in another thread a couple of other names Amazon COULD have used for the arena:

Overpriced Crap Arena
Death Star Center

(Don't roast me TOO harshly. Again, I'm only having a bit of fun with this. I do have getting to Seattle and watching some hockey on my bucket list. (In fact, depending on the situation with the WHL's T-Birds and Silvertips, I may be able to watch more hockey than I'll know what to do with!) :)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am surprised that so many people care about arena names. I really couldn't care less.
I agree. We all now accept that corporate sponsors will be the names of the arena. It may sound good or it may now.

now, what Amazon is doing is different. Instead of simply putting the corporate name and going Amazon Arena, Center, Place, Stadium they are naming something completely different. But, they bought the rights and ultimately can pick what they want so long.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Name itself is certainly not great but props to what they are doing. I hope this sets a precedent for future stadiums and buildings in general to be much more eco friendly if not carbon neutral. I usually hate Amazon, but good on ya. They did good here.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

I don't see what's wrong with Amazon Arena. I think most if not all NHL arenas go with the company that got the rights to it. But if they want to mix things up go for it. It is just a name at the end of the day. All that matters is the team and the product on the ice.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't see what's wrong with Amazon Arena. I think most if not all NHL arenas go with the company that got the rights to it. But if they want to mix things up go for it. It is just a name at the end of the day. All that matters is the team and the product on the ice.
Can always change it in a couple of years.

seen plenty of names change over the years. Philly went from Corestate, First Union, to Wells Fargo.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Name itself is certainly not great but props to what they are doing. I hope this sets a precedent for future stadiums and buildings in general to be much more eco friendly if not carbon neutral. I usually hate Amazon, but good on ya. They did good here.

The arena was always going to be eco-friendly regardless of what the name is Amazon calling it that does nothing to actually make the environment better especially not from a company that has a very very high carbon footprint. If bezos believes what he preaches then he should be spending his billions making his company more carbon neutral as possible aka lead by example.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
oh, this is serious?

this then

51PCmrJ9rdL.jpg

Reactions: SImpelton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad