arena score board

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
I think London should follow suit with the full video boards like Kitchener and Saginaw. It would look great in the Bud.

Seems like that is the natural progressions that most NHL teams are going, and now junior teams.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
I think London should follow suit with the full video boards like Kitchener and Saginaw. It would look great in the Bud.

Seems like that is the natural progressions that most NHL teams are going, and now junior teams.

Agreed 100%, one of the only things that date that arena, a new style scoreboard will keep it feeling like a modern rink. I would also love them to invest in one of the amazing projection systems you guys have at the Aud. The green gels aren’t quite on par.

Reactions: sbpointer

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Agreed 100%, one of the only things that date that arena, a new style scoreboard will keep it feeling like a modern rink. I would also love them to invest in one of the amazing projection systems you guys have at the Aud. The green gels aren’t quite on par.

On ice projection would be great as well, however it really is only good as the production team that runs it. I feel like the one in Kitchener could be utilized so much better, or at least bring back some graphics from previous years that were really good.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Sudbury, Soo and Peterborough to me have the worst ones.
Everybody else in the league has something at least half decent with a few teams upgrading in recent seasons.
Sudbury and Peterborough have new rinks coming soon so no need to spend money on their current ones.

That really only leaves the Soo that needs an upgrade IMO

Reactions: soo hound girl

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
SSM could easily follow suit with what Sarnia did last year with their new set up. Similar style rink. Nice new LED scoreboard and a LED banner around half the rink. Really enhances the atmosphere. Just need $500,000 lol.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
SSM could easily follow suit with what Sarnia did last year with their new set up. Similar style rink. Nice new LED scoreboard and a LED banner around half the rink. Really enhances the atmosphere. Just need $500,000 lol.
Pics? Soo does really need a new scoreboard.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Pics? Soo does really need a new scoreboard.
Sarnia's new scoreboard and LED ribbon:
IMG_2095.JPG

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Hamilton by a mile--it's part of the reason (along with the arena itself) they had their Memorial Cup bid taken away. It's at least 10-15 years out of date and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, it will likely not be replaced anytime soon as the city continues to refuse to put money into FOC refurbishment or a new arena.

Reactions: three dog night

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
The one's I've been to, Barrie was by far the worst, however Hamilton needs a new one. We still got light bright numbers. One thing I will say though, I prefer that to the boards that put the penalty clock on the main screen. Always felt that looked terrible. I believe Guelph does this.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The one's I've been to, Barrie was by far the worst, however Hamilton needs a new one. We still got light bright numbers. One thing I will say though, I prefer that to the boards that put the penalty clock on the main screen. Always felt that looked terrible. I believe Guelph does this.

So does Kingston, I can agree I'm not overly fond about arenas that put the pently time right on the video board portion of the clock as visually it's very hard to find and see. However keep in mind of the age of some of these buildings aren't brand new anymore.

Out of all the areas that I have been in though for arena scoreboards has to be my home rink in Owen Sound.

Even with the low hung I-beams the scoreboard is certainly an engineering art. The octagon shape of the clock with 4 HD video boards and 4 functional clocks is something that has increased to the gameday experience since it was built and installed into the building.

It has one LED ribbon at the bottom of the clock for small ads and game reminders while each of the 4 HD screens are magnetic video panels grouped together.

The time clocks on all 4 corners are basic and easy to read with yellow and red LED panels for score and penalties. However from a fan viewing perspective the white borders around the score and time portion of the board makes the score and time pop-out during the game.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Erie has a state of the art scoreboard, sound system, LED movable lights, and overall, is one of the nicest arenas I have ever been in. That include OS, London, Kitchener, SSM, Sudbury, Guelph, NB, AHL's Hershey, WB-Scranton, Lehigh Valley and PPG in Pittsburgh. I even got to get into the T-Mobile in LV before they dropped the puck. I hate to brag (I live 115 miles from Erie) but if you haven't been to the EIA, you should check it out. It has, by far, the most comfortable seats of any arena mentioned above.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010

Barrie has a new scoreboard... Comparable to Sarnia and Guelph

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Barrie has a new scoreboard... Comparable to Sarnia and Guelph

This season? The last time I was there (last year or the year before...I think last year) I recall the replay being borderline unwatchable there, and it being crammed with every inch of static billboard advertising.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
The Soo. You can't see the replays at all.
Can’t stand our score clock it was outdated when it was originally bought
I wish GFL would have gotten a new one as part of their new 10 year agreement with the city don’t know how they will get a new one now
It is probably the worst scoreboard and screen in the OHL

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
This season? The last time I was there (last year or the year before...I think last year) I recall the replay being borderline unwatchable there, and it being crammed with every inch of static billboard advertising.

They put it up during the summer... Still covered with ads but what OHL rink doesn't do that nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad