Sep 4, 2017

Attachments

• Scoreboard OSH.jpg
    Scoreboard OSH.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 11

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Isn't Sudbury getting a new rink? I could swear I saw the owner give an interview that a new rink was beginning construction soon.

We are, but the loud "downtown or nothing" minority won't give up and embrace the fact that the democratic process has already run it's course. They keep throwing up barriers and the stalling/other bs continues. Probably looking at 2022/2023 at this point.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
We are, but the loud "downtown or nothing" minority won't give up and embrace the fact that the democratic process has already run it's course. They keep throwing up barriers and the stalling/other bs continues. Probably looking at 2022/2023 at this point.

That's kind of good for me, Sudbury/North Bay is likely on my tour list for next year (hopefully early in the season) and I'd like to see the current arena before a new one gets built. I certainly don't want to miss the wolf in the rafters.

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
That's kind of good for me, Sudbury/North Bay is likely on my tour list for next year (hopefully early in the season) and I'd like to see the current arena before a new one gets built. I certainly don't want to miss the wolf in the rafters.

If you're lucky Hamilton will get a SSM/Sudbury/NB road trip and you can hit all 3 northern teams (unless you already did SSM in last year's OHL final, haha).

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
If you're lucky Hamilton will get a SSM/Sudbury/NB road trip and you can hit all 3 northern teams (unless you already did SSM in last year's OHL final, haha).

Sadly, we only get SSM once a season, and it hasn't aligned with North Bay/Sud. SSM is likely going to be the last one, and it will likely be a flight, but we'll see.

Last edited:

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
So does Kingston, I can agree I'm not overly fond about arenas that put the pently time right on the video board portion of the clock as visually it's very hard to find and see. However keep in mind of the age of some of these buildings aren't brand new anymore.

Out of all the areas that I have been in though for arena scoreboards has to be my home rink in Owen Sound.

Even with the low hung I-beams the scoreboard is certainly an engineering art. The octagon shape of the clock with 4 HD video boards and 4 functional clocks is something that has increased to the gameday experience since it was built and installed into the building.

It has one LED ribbon at the bottom of the clock for small ads and game reminders while each of the 4 HD screens are magnetic video panels grouped together.

The time clocks on all 4 corners are basic and easy to read with yellow and red LED panels for score and penalties. However from a fan viewing perspective the white borders around the score and time portion of the board makes the score and time pop-out during the game.

HD screens but not an HD feed. Rink / Rogers needs an upgrade to the cameras to really take advantage of the new board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->