Are you still happy we took Barkov

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Unequivocally. Kids of his skill and maturity at 18(!!) don't come around often. Just look at the team without him in the lineup, he is already a difference maker and will be the workhorse of this team for years to come.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I was cautious of taking Jones due to him being a defenseman. So, I can't be upset over the team taking Barkov over him.

I'm happy with the pick. He looks to be a Toews lite player. 1St line center that can do it all.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Barkov is the best center from the draft. Mackinnon is RW in nhl. We could get ehlers this yr to replace mackinnons goals and speed on wing but no one could replace barkov.

Jones is much better than Ekblad, so he could have been good to....but three teams skipped on him for good reason

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Not sure the point of this... kids nasty.. franchise player... Well getting us to talk about how awesome he is is a great side effect.. also his photo next to tiny car is needed

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Yes this kid is going to be the difference maker. I don't think he'll be injury prone it was just a bad call to let him go to Sochi. But how can you deny an 18yr that opportunity? My main reason I hate our players participating anyhow that's a whole other discussion.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Absolutely. We didn't need another Huberdeau type of player in Drouin and Seth Jones should be a great defenseman. For the way Tallon was rebuilding the team with a spot for a much needed top line Center, it made perfect sense since MacKinnon was selected first overall. I'm slightly worried about Barkov being injury prone too, but I think he's going to be one hell of a player for years to come in Florida. I love how mature he is for such a young kid and especially one knew hardly any English prior to coming here.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Cool, I voted yes without reading or checking.

The fact that we are all on the same page thus far might do it.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Just wish there wasnt a canyon in the talent/flashiness between mackinnon and everyone else.

Maybe the gap will begin to narrow in the future for barkov.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I love how mature he is for such a young kids and especially one knew hardly any English prior to coming here.

Kinda off topic comment here but one thing that flies over most people's heads is barkovs amazing dry humor. I remember once Goldstein asking him what is going through his mInd during a shootout, and Barkov with a straight face replied in his broken English that all he thinks about is how he's going to celebration, and he sold it so well I don't even think Goldie noticed Barkov was joking.

Everyone on twitter was like oh man what an awkward interview blah blah, but I thought it was hilarious how he was taking a subtle jab at exaggerated celebrations while coming across as totally a sincerely awkward dude probably hamming up the uncomfortableness of the interview for his own pleasure.

Barkov has got a deadpan delivery too. Remember when he was drafted and someone was like Did Tallon tell you he wanted you playing with the Panthers next season, and Barkov paused, kinda thought to himself and slyly replied "Maybe" and everyone broke out laughing? It was perfect comedic timinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMJtfd0tcc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I also loved it when someone asked him about his dad and how close his father was to playing in the NHL too, and i guess Barkov didnt like that question so he just said "I dont know. He didn't tell me" and the interview kind of just deflated right there and the awkwardness was so humongous big. I think he absolutely gets a kick out of making the interviews awkward, and I think he's hilarious for that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjkGZdRZdSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I won't be surprised if him and Lou become best buds next yr

Last edited:

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Just wish there wasnt a canyon in the talent/flashiness between mackinnon and everyone else.

Maybe the gap will begin to narrow in the future for barkov.

Flashiness = Talent?

I think Barkov is as talented as MacKinnon. The strength of their talents are just in different areas. There might be a canyon between MacK and Drouin in talent, but they're probably fairly close in flashiness. I think you're a little off putting the slash there in between talent and flashiness.

Cats2TheCup said:
Kinda off topic comment here but one thing that flies over most people's heads is barkovs amazing dry humor. I remember once Goldstein asking him what is going through his mInd during a shootout, and Barkov with a straight face replied in his broken English that all he thinks about is how he's going to celebration, and he sold it so well I don't even think Goldie noticed Barkov was joking.

I'm not sure he was joking. :sarcasm:

anim_b3dba74c-06f8-17c4-49d0-20ee1e61388f.gif

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i still want jones, but i dont think we could develop him well enough to make it worth it

absolutely happy about barkov, probably the only one here who rather have barkov than mackinnon

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
YESSS!!!! Im still waiting for the moment when hockey world realises what Barkov is all about. Seen about 60 Sasha games before he came to NHL and his actully a high point producing forward with wicked shots, but last season he was more focused in defensive game and overall. He will burst at some point.

2013: Barkov
2014: Ekblad

or

2013: Jones
2014: Draisatl

Had they gone either way would have done fine.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
YESSS!!!! Im still waiting for the moment when hockey world realises what Barkov is all about. Seen about 60 Sasha games before he came to NHL and his actully a high point producing forward with wicked shots, but last season he was more focused in defensive game and overall. He will burst at some point.

2013: Barkov
2014: Ekblad

or

2013: Jones
2014: Draisatl

Had they gone either way would have done fine.

the difference between draisatl and barkov is A LOT bigger than ekblad and jones IMO

jones>ekblad
barkov>>draisatl

so, barkov/ekblad was the best thing that could have happend i guess

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Yes, I really couldn't be happier. This team was a lot more exciting to watch with him on the ice, I'm very excited to see how he progresses next year, as well as the next few years.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
I voted no. I still feel Seth Jones should have been the pick. Also, his injury history is a bit concerning to me. Barkov reminds me a lot of Dion Jordan who the Dolphins drafted really high who also had injury issues when Lane Johnson would have been the much safer draft choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad