Are you rooting for Bruins or Rangers?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If the Bruins win the Cup then our Leafs would have lost to the eventual winners and we took them to game 7 OT to earn that win.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's always good to lose to the eventual cup winner, that being said they are both rivals so they can both lose, and pits and ott as well lol I don't want anybody to win but I guess I want to see a cup in Canada at least so go Ottawa, and I really like Igy so go Pits too

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
If the Bruins win the Cup then our Leafs would have lost to the eventual winners and we took them to game 7 OT to earn that win.

This would help ease the pain of Game 7. If the Bruins lose in 4 or 5 games, then it further proves that it was our inability to finish that cost us the game. I will say this, I gained a lot of respect for the Bruins and especially for Milan Lucic. What he said about the Leafs and the fans at the end was nothing but class.

On the flip side, I am usually someone that likes to pick teams/players that haven't won it. Lundqvist (NYR) and Iginla (PIT) both come to mind. Both are class acts that deserve to win a Cup. I also would not be against the Sharks winning the cup being that they have never won it. Sens/Alfie could burn in hell for all I care. The crap I had to endure yesterday from Sens fans at work was extreme. Hopefully karma will pay them a nice visit. Definitely off to a good start :handclap:.

Leafsfan83

Apr 22, 2013
Windsor, ON
This would help ease the pain of Game 7. If the Bruins lose in 4 or 5 games, then it further proves that it was our inability to finish that cost us the game. I will say this, I gained a lot of respect for the Bruins and especially for Milan Lucic. What he said about the Leafs and the fans at the end was nothing but class.

What did Lucic say? I was too upset at the time to listen to any post game interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If the Leafs get a better pick with the Rangers winning ...

Picks are rewarded by lowest season points per round eliminated.

Since the Leafs were eliminated before NYR in terms of rounds, the Leafs will already be picking in front of them as of now, regardless of what happens from here on in.

That is true for all teams still playing. The final 8 teams will have the final 8 selections in the upcoming draft.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
What did Lucic say? I was too upset at the time to listen to any post game interviews.

“You’ve got to give Toronto credit for what they did in the series,†Lucic said. “I don’t think anyone really gave them that big of a chance and the way that they played, especially the last three games, they have a lot to be proud about. They’ve got to hold their heads up high.

“It kind of reminds me of where we were at [as a young team] in 2008 against Montreal, and we pushed them to Game 7. They’re going to have a good team in the future and I think that team and organization and city have a lot to be proud about.€

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
am sorry, how can you cheer for the Bruins and call yourself a Leaf fan

with that ugly pos big nose RAT on that team

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I would much rather have the team that beat us (in OT in 7 games) win it all than anybody else.

In a weird twisted way, it would make me feel better knowing that we lost to the best....so...yeah, go Bruins.

member 147413

Bruins for the cup, not cheering for them, but would prefer them.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
“You’ve got to give Toronto credit for what they did in the series,†Lucic said. “I don’t think anyone really gave them that big of a chance and the way that they played, especially the last three games, they have a lot to be proud about. They’ve got to hold their heads up high.

“It kind of reminds me of where we were at [as a young team] in 2008 against Montreal, and we pushed them to Game 7. They’re going to have a good team in the future and I think that team and organization and city have a lot to be proud about.â€

Pretty classy remarks after a hard fought 7 game series. Usually teams hate each other, but Lucic showed respect where it was due.

moonbal

Apr 29, 2013
Pillsbury Toronto
NYR so that I can see more of Tortorella's post game douchebaggery.
Plus, Pens will have easier time with Rangers than Bruins.

* It would be hilarious if Sens and Rangers meet in the conf-final. Showdown between MacLean and Tortorella would be more entertaining than the actual games.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Being a big Jonathan Toews fan personally, I'm cheering for Chicago to win the Cup.

So to me it really doesn't matter who wins between the NYR or Boston in the big picture. So not rooting for or against either team as they're both irrelevant to whom I'm actually cheering for now that my Leafs are out.

Leafsfan83

Apr 22, 2013
Windsor, ON
"The whole city of Toronto should hold their head high the way they played in this series."

“It kind of reminds me of where we were at [as a young team] in 2008 against Montreal, and we pushed them to Game 7. They’re going to have a good team in the future and I think that team and organization and city have a lot to be proud about.â€

Thanks for the responses.
Classy of him to say that.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
I'm hoping for a Bruins 3-0 series lead, blow it against the Rangers, and in game 7 have a 3 goal lead with 7 mins left and blow it in regulation

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010

On the flip side, I am usually someone that likes to pick teams/players that haven't won it. Lundqvist (NYR) and Iginla (PIT) both come to mind. Both are class acts that deserve to win a Cup. I also would not be against the Sharks winning the cup being that they have never won it. Sens/Alfie could burn in hell for all I care. The crap I had to endure yesterday from Sens fans at work was extreme. Hopefully karma will pay them a nice visit. Definitely off to a good start :handclap:.

pit and nyr are my favourites in the east for those exact reasons. if boston goes on to win the cup i don't think the pain will be eased at all, the leafs screwed up plain and simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad