Proposal: Are you in favour of trading Brock Boeser?

Would you be in favour of trading Brock Boeser?

• Yes

Votes: 153 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 38 16.8%

• Total voters

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m just curious about what our boards think.

- For myself, if trading Boeser let’s us keep Miller, I think it’s a no brainer

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Just do the inevitable and trade him for Kasperi Kapanen

Reactions: F A N

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Just do the inevitable and trade him for Kasperi Kapanen

Pens aren't going to add cap this year and arguably trade the more effective player

Maybe something around Boeser and something for Kapanen and Pettersson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pens aren't going to add cap this year and arguably trade the more effective player

Maybe something around Boeser and something for Kapanen and Pettersson

Eh, Boeser at 50% & Motte for Kapanen and a prospect Allvin likes.

(I'm mostly joking.. but I do think a trade is inevitable between these teams)

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Soft, slow , poor on defence but with good offensive skills and an elite shoot. He is also becoming very streaky. Can't relly on him as a consistent producer. He should be traded during one of his hot steaks if that is possible, to maximize his trade value.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Eh, Boeser at 50% & Motte for Kapanen and a prospect Allvin likes.

(I'm mostly joking.. but I do think a trade is inevitable between these teams)

Motte is a player type the Penguins love

We are going to make a trade with Pens. Probably for one of their dman

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Unfortunately yes, he would be the first one I'd trade to collect a 1st or some solid assets. Love Brock but he isn't the same after his back injury. Boeser is playing like a passenger now, and no longer drives the play. Boeser soon will be a free agent and the Canucks simply cannot afford what he brings to the team anymore. Might aswell get some assets for him before its too late.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Of course you move him for the right return. If he could be packaged with Hamonic for an upgrade on Hamonic + pick/prospect sure.

But wouldn't look to dump him until you get to officially discuss what his next contract looks like. His QO becomes moot if they sign an extension in the summer. If they can't, then start to actively shop him.

But yeah, if the right deal comes along, he's certainly not untouchable or anything.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think he's a total passenger with high IQ play. Under-rated playmaker too but as everyone has been saying, that 7 5M QO just ain't worth what he brings. It's disappointing because after seeing his rookie campaign he looked like a 30goal scorer. On top of that I actually think his shot is over-rated - it's become pretty telegraphed.

Reactions: Ghetty Green and m9

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
On SN 650 tonight

"What is Boeser's best trait, and where would you rank it out of 10?"
"Shooting... in his rookie season it was a 9.... now, it's not even an 8."

His skating just isn't good enough to go back on D, that one sequence tonight where he awkwardly turned his back on the forward because he couldn't skate backwards fast enough was damning. He doesn't have the breakaway speed to go one on one with the goaltender. He has a decent one-timer, but usually doesn't get it off fast enough to avoid the shot block. We would be hard-pressed to fit him in long term anyway.

If anyone has earned a long term contract, it's Miller. I'm fine with moving on from Bo and Brock. I understand that trading Bo is controversial, but I don't see how you trade Miller and hope to get a player back in return who will maybe turn into another Miller. Meanwhile, Bo provides key faceoffs and is occasionally good for the SO or a breakaway, but just doesn't do it on a consistent enough basis to justify making him your guy. On a cup contender, he's a 3C who kills penalties by taking key draws. Important yes, but not irreplaceable. Miller just might be. Night in, night out, the guy is noticeably driving the offense, but everyone is ready to drive him to the airport for late 1st round picks from the NY Rangers? No.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
There was definitely some homerism there, but he was legitimately a different player. He used to drive any line he was on. Remember when he played with Gagner and Vanek and they would just light it up?
All I remember from Gagner was him mailing it in for us. Only work he did was cashing his big paycheque. Jim Benning did him a big favor when his lazy ass was rightly demoted by sending him to an AHL division rival in Toronto so he’d be closer to his family instead of the Comets. Punk later cried & bad mouthed Benning anyways. So much for helping a guy out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad