Proposal: Are you in favor of trading Bo Horvat?

Would you trade Bo Horvat?

• Total voters

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not if he can be re-signed at a decent AAV.

I think he's experienced a bit of a transition from the 'everyone under 25 is overrated' thing to now being part of the 'everyone over 25 is underrated' group.

He's still an above-average #2 C. And I don't see how you can trade Miller and Horvat and hope to have a 1-2 year turnaround here.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The reason you would trade one over the other is management has reached out to the agents to gauge interest in signing extensions. If one expresses hesitation while the other doesn’t, then that’s the one you trade.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There is zero indication that that is true.

Frank Seravelli who is about the most reliable insider there is (and is based in Miller's home state) reported that Miller is unlikely to re-sign a few days ago.

And it should just be common sense. He can re-sign with this bad retooling team in a different country ... or he can sign for elite teams close to home. He isn't going to choose the first option.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Frank Seravelli who is about the most reliable insider there is (and is based in Miller's home state) reported that Miller is unlikely to re-sign a few days ago.

And it should just be common sense. He can re-sign with this bad retooling team in a different country ... or he can sign for elite teams close to home. He isn't going to choose the first option.
To be fair..there’s been media speculation for years about Miller being unhappy here..only for him to say he and his family like Vancouver…

For me personally,I’d love to keep JT..but his whopping retirement contract won’t align with the younger crew.

Reactions: geebaan and Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To be fair..there’s been media speculation for years about Miller being unhappy here..only for him to say he and his family like Vancouver…

For me personally,I’d love to keep JT..but his whopping retirement contract won’t align with the younger crew.

It isn't always a black/white thing between 'Loves it! and 'Wants out!'

I don't think he hates it here. I don't believe he's asked for a trade. But when push comes to shove, I also highly doubt he's thinking that signing here long-term is his preferred option.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Voter No, but of course there's always potential offers that would change my mind.

Feel him and EP are perfect complements down the middle. Prefer to give this core a shot, and feel Bo will be an important piece to whatever success this group has over the next few years.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
You target a C in either a Miller or Horvat deal.

EP has to move back to C. If not, you’re essentially admitting a rebuild is needed anyway.
EP needs to be better in all areas, but C especially. He needs to get good at faceoffs, because Horvat and Miller are our best and basically only good ones at it. We could target a C, as long as they can play right away, otherwise like you said, rebuild.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Personally, think Bo will start decline fairly quick.

His skating is better than it was, but it will only get worse and is not especially the best atm.

Coupled with the fact he will be 28 looking for the last big contract, doesn’t make sense.

If he stays, it’s a 4-5 yr deal at most at basically his current salary. Maybe $6M tops.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Trading him means a full rebuild. You can't trade your top 2 centers and expect to remotely compete anytime within the next 3 years.

I would only trade him if he asks out or signals he's not interested in an extension with the team if there is going to be a retool. Then he would have to be traded at the draft with an extension to a new team to maximize value.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Personally I say no, the guy is a beast, but at the same time he's been here for the fallen ship for a while and it's been a lot of downs with this organization over the years he has been here, he's kind of due for going to a team that wins, so I wouldn't be mad if he did want to go somewhere else where they win he kind of deserves it imo, but I still don't want to lose him because he is a key player for a good team.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean if they're trading away Garland for younger assets, then why stop there? Personally I'd keep both Bo and Garland, trade Boeser, Miller and Myers(if possible) and go from there. I'm in favour of a re-tool over a full teardown, but keeping Bo and trading away Miller/Garland seems like a weird middle ground, especially since Bo himself said he's not sticking around for another rebuild.

Reactions: F A N and Flik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad