Are you glad we’re in?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Right, but he scored 65 points as a 19 year old, and has regressed every year since, and often looks timid and indifferent out there. 45 points isn’t enough, when you know he’s capable of so much more.

I would rather fire RT first to see what happens with Keller. Every forward has regressed under RT with the exception of Dvo but not many of us ever expected him to be a 60 point player

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would rather fire RT first to see what happens with Keller. Every forward has regressed under RT with the exception of Dvo but not many of us ever expected him to be a 60 point player
Think back to Dvorak’s junior career. At one point he was an absolute blue-chip. It’s possible he could have had a different start to his career for a different franchise.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Right, but he scored 65 points as a 19 year old, and has regressed every year since, and often looks timid and indifferent out there. 45 points isn’t enough, when you know he’s capable of so much more.

He's also been targeted ever since that first year.

Throw in him not getting much offensive support and the soft lineup in general and you've got a kid who's been turtled up a bit.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Honestly think this is such a perfect situation for us.

This is not a continuation of the regular season, you can scratch that. It is a new, mini season.

Which teams started best the latest season? Islanders &.... the Coyotes, thanks to Vezina Kuemper, and boring suffocating play.

No reasons why we cannot do that again:

- Kuemper will be back, fit. He was one of Vezina favourites before his injury.
- About everyone else should also be fit as far as we know.
- Kessel cannot be arsed with a regular season, it sucks, and he sucked. So I am expecting nothing from him, but he is smart, and I suspect he will do what he needs to do ready for a short playing & potentially rewarding period.
- OEL knows he was rubbish. I think he is more of a competitor than what meet the eyes and it is quite possible he will have sorted himself out when play resume.
- The D corps should be healthy. It is a good unit when everyone is there.
- We have added Hall who is now truly fighting for a new contract - perhaps the best offer would come from us - so he will be committed (he always has been for us, truth be told, but it is unlikely many teams will line up with massive contract offers now).
- Schmaltz was brilliant at the beginning of the year, but levelled out, perhaps also because he was returning from a serious injury.
- Hayton should be healthy and also very much a different animal than in October 2019.

Of course there is Rick Tocchet. I really do not think he is the right headcoach for this franchise.... or any franchise ha!

However, for a short, player focused 6-8 weeks period? I think he can work that one out and be an asset in getting the guys going.

Sure that's a lot of ifs and buts. But I am feeling good about this one.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Cox sports app is showing the PIT vs NSH 2017 Stanley Cup Final game right now with Tocchet and Kessel.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Think back to Dvorak’s junior career. At one point he was an absolute blue-chip. It’s possible he could have had a different start to his career for a different franchise.

DVo had 2 great years in the OHL with the London Knights, but he was centering Mitch Marner the entire time --

London Knights 2014-15 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
London Knights 2015-16 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I'd argue DVo also could have had a different start to his career if we drafted Marner 3OA instead of Dylan Strome in the McD draft and kept them together on the same line. And then we would have had Marner too

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I wonder if any other Junior lines stack up to the Tkachuk Dvo Marner line. It's insane to think that you could take a top line from the Knights and drop them in the NHL a few years later and have an NHL quality top line.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wonder if any other Junior lines stack up to the Tkachuk Dvo Marner line. It's insane to think that you could take a top line from the Knights and drop them in the NHL a few years later and have an NHL quality top line.

Not out of the question to think if we had a better GM/Coach combo on the same "rebuild" page at the time, we could have all three of those guys right now.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Whom ever wins this it won't feel legit so could care less. We certainly didn't deserve it and nobody can convince me we were going to make it with where we were and how we were playing. I would rather they start fresh and on time for next season. It's summer man I've moved on. Will pretend it didn't happen.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Whom ever wins this it won't feel legit so could care less. We certainly didn't deserve it and nobody can convince me we were going to make it with where we were and how we were playing. I would rather they start fresh and on time for next season. It's summer man I've moved on. Will pretend it didn't happen.

I don’t think Chicago feels that their Stanley Cup that they won in a 48 game regular season means any less than their others. Teams were able to play 7/8 of their season, and the bubble teams should be able to get a fair shake to earn their spot. I personally think the NHL did an excellent job making sure this Stanley Cup will matter just as much as the others. The important part to remember is that everybody is on an even playing field molecularly, it’s either scrap the season or continue on the best way we can. All but Tampa and Carolina agreed with that.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t think Chicago feels that their Stanley Cup that they won in a 48 game regular season means any less than their others. Teams were able to play 7/8 of their season, and the bubble teams should be able to get a fair shake to earn their spot. I personally think the NHL did an excellent job making sure this Stanley Cup will matter just as much as the others. The important part to remember is that everybody is on an even playing field molecularly, it’s either scrap the season or continue on the best way we can. All but Tampa and Carolina agreed with that.
Chicago qualified with 15 other teams just like every other year. Montreal has no business making any playoffs. If you wanted legit make it 16 like every other year rather than some teams getting a 2nd chance to qualify and forcing others to play 5 rounds.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad