Are we ever going to see Lehkonen and Reway play for the Habs?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No, they're built for European leagues. They were pretty much future euro leaguers when Timmins & Bergevin drafted them. I always wondered wtf at those picks.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I think they're both going to get the Joonas Nattinen treatment.

After glorious seasons in the AHL of 21 points (0.33 ppg), 9 points (0.38 ppg) and 15 points (0.22 ppg), Nattinen is lucky to have gotten some NHL playing time.

So the Joonas Nattinen treatment sounds good enough for me !

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If the idea behind the question is "With the present management", you can totally say without any doubt that there is WAY more chance to see Lehkonen than Reway. Not even close. But Reway pure natural skills needs to be put to the test in the Pros on this side of the ocean. 'Cause we need that pure talent.

May whatever happen to bring us the greatest value of those players happen....whether it's playing for us or be traded. I still wish we'd see both of them in North America in due time, when their progression will dictate when it's time to come in.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Reway seems like he won't be given a fair shake... But he's absolutely unreal offensively. Just tearing apart the Swiss league.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Reway will eventually get an NHL shot, just not sure that it will be with us (at least not with current leadership/coaching).

Lekhonen, not so sure... will depend entirely on how focused he is on playing in the NHL vs how content he'll be to carve out a successful career at home.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
More like Patrick Kane-lite. The Habs must find a way to bring this kid to NA.

They both want to play in the NHL. They'll be at training camp in a year or two and will get a shot if they do well in camp or the AHL, like Emelin did.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Reway seems like he won't be given a fair shake... But he's absolutely unreal offensively. Just tearing apart the Swiss league.

The Swiss league. Really? That's not as impressive as it sounds. Holloway has done the same.
Neither Reway or Lehkonen will see the nhl. Frames are way too small.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
really its impossible to say...all of us here are just speculating and have no real insight to say one way or the other with an educated voice...

They were drafted by Timmins, one of the best in the business...i think if they show the promise at camp they get a shot just like anyone else would...

and when some say with this current coaching and manegement that they wont get a shot...what the hell are you basing that on?

all the little guys on the current habs say hi!!

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
The Swiss league. Really? That's not as impressive as it sounds. Holloway has done the same.
Neither Reway or Lehkonen will see the nhl. Frames are way too small.

Holloway finished 18th in scoring in Switzerland last year, wasn't even PPG. He did rip apart the SEL/SHL a couple years back, but he did it when he was 24-25, not 20 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad