Are they going to put Booth on Waivers?

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
The David Booth experiment has failed, he has 1 goal this season. It seems obvious that the team isn't going to make the playoffs so wouldn't you rather see a Marlies prospect in his roster spot?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hasn't failed, the cat has hardly played. Trade him for a pick at the deadline.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Hasn't failed, the cat has hardly played. Trade him for a pick at the deadline.

1 goal in 28 games. You could trade him for a 10th rounder, but they dont do 10 rounds at the draft anymore.

Any ice time you would give Booth, needs to go to Broll/Devane/etc since its 4th line and those are the guys that are auditioning for those spots next year.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
If they really do start a auction they are going to need warm bodies after the trade deadline.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Nonis is keeping him for his big splash on the TD. Booth for a 6th rounder will be the start of the Leafs rebuild.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Why would you want a Marlie call up being played 4-5 mins a night. It might as well be someone that we don't care about rotting away in that role.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
1 goal in 28 games. You could trade him for a 10th rounder, but they dont do 10 rounds at the draft anymore.

Any ice time you would give Booth, needs to go to Broll/Devane/etc since its 4th line and those are the guys that are auditioning for those spots next year.

In and out of the lineup with injuries and limited ice time when he has dressed. Seems to have shown some jump the last couple games, someone will pick him up.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
He might not be scoring, but he's playing well. He's been standing out quite a few games to me as one of the very few people who have been hustling and forechecking hard. Why waive the guy when a team would easily give something away for him at the deadline.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He might not be scoring, but he's playing well. He's been standing out quite a few games to me as one of the very few people who have been hustling and forechecking hard. Why waive the guy when a team would easily give something away for him at the deadline.

He looks to me like a guy hoping for a deadline move to increase his value for next year.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
The guy averages under 10 minutes a game. Do some of you expect him to be a PPG player given his ice time or what? I thought he's played extremely well given his limited minutes. He's a puck hound and is hard on the forecheck. Something we lack throughout the entire lineup save a few players, Booth being one of them.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
if we move lupul/santo he would slide in there nicely, and leivo could fight him for that position. i dont mind if he stays, and dont mind if he doesnt get any goals, just lead by example with work ethic.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
if we move lupul/santo he would slide in there nicely, and leivo could fight him for that position. i dont mind if he stays, and dont mind if he doesnt get any goals, just lead by example with work ethic.

:thumbu:

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Not sure why we would bother putting him on waivers. He is not exactly the reason that the team is unable to win anything and he may be worth a small something at the trade deadline. If not the team will have need of warm bodies to fill out the roster after what is expected to be a busy deadline in which multiple players could be finding new homes away from Toronto. Not like we want to gut the Marlies and deprive the youngsters there of a chance at a playoff run.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
David Booth is a good role player. He'd be a nice 4th line piece on this team if it weren't performing like garbage.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
They should go with Booth - Winnik - Clarkson as a 4th line and hope to trade Booth to someone looking for a 4th line winger. Maybe get a 3rd or 4th round pick.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Meh. Let him finish the year playing on the 4th line. He's pretty useless out there but who cares he's helping the tank. He can sign in Europe next year.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Surprised that most people commenting so far like his work ethic. He does work hard and he does forecheck which are two things sadly missing on this team.I guess this shows how obvious these shortcomings are when so many are noticing the work ethic of an eight-minute-a-night player.I still say we need less X's and O's and more fore checking and rolling of 4 lines.Hopefully our next coach will think along the same lines and also play players according to what they deserve and not who they are or how big their contracts are.At the risk of beating this term to death, we are going nowhere til we change the culture on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad