Speculation: Are there any teams that need wingers?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
The Avs assuredly will be looking and probably for a top six defenseman aswell. We have good assets but we also cant quite go all in now as our future looks even brighter. It'd have to be a piece that will fit our window IMO.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This position seems to be the least valued - It's the easiest position to fill, as every good forward who can't cut it as a C can slide to the wing without issue.

I'm curious about who needs a wing, and what quality?

List of teams who need wingers:

1. Boston - top 6 scoring RW

Many.

Boston (top 6 RW)
Calgary (top 6 RW)
Edmonton (anything quality, really)
Nashville (top 6 LW)
St-Louis (top 6 LW or RW)

On top of my head. Not many sellers, not many quality pieces... I see Kreider, Toffoli, Tatar, Kovalchuk... and then Galchenyuk (now definitely a winger), Kase... That's about it.

Sellers market IMO.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Correlation != causation. In addition to other factors (including general overconfidence and Cooper’s inability to adjust to a team that was beating us the same way Washington defeated us the year before) we had Hedman getting a concussion right before the playoffs, Point playing with two torn hips, Kucherov disappearing and then getting his stupid ass suspended, and Vasilevskiy going cold at the worst possible time. What difference do you think a rental winger would have made in that series?

Don’t get me wrong: I wouldn’t mind us bringing in an upgrade for our bottom six if the right player is available at a reasonable price. But the lack of a TDL acquisition is not what kept us from winning the Stanley Cup last year, and it won’t be the primary or even a major factor in our success or lack thereof this year either. The Bolts don’t need one more piece to make them serious contenders - they need the players they already have to a) stay healthy, and b) show up when it counts.

I'm not saying that is the reason we got swept. Just saying last year we didn't make a move and we got swept. It could make us think to make a move this year. I dont necessarily think we will be reactionary from that but I do think we will want to be a little different in our approach but I also don't think they will just go out there and make the biggest move possible. They will make a move if theres one to be made. That's just how they've been doing it for a while now though.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I'm not saying that is the reason we got swept. Just saying last year we didn't make a move and we got swept. It could make us think to make a move this year. I dont necessarily think we will be reactionary from that but I do think we will want to be a little different in our approach but I also don't think they will just go out there and make the biggest move possible. They will make a move if theres one to be made. That's just how they've been doing it for a while now though.

I agree. I don’t think they go into the deadline saying they’re not going to make a move - they just refuse to overpay for a rental that ultimately isn’t going to make a major difference. When they have made a move it’s been for guys like Coburn and McDonagh who filled a real need and who they planned on making a part of the team going forward. Which is smart.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
This position seems to be the least valued - It's the easiest position to fill, as every good forward who can't cut it as a C can slide to the wing without issue.

Pitt needs a rental to replace jake.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Most teams in the playoff race are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad