Speculation: Are there any teams that need wingers?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
This position seems to be the least valued - It's the easiest position to fill, as every good forward who can't cut it as a C can slide to the wing without issue.

I'm curious about who needs a wing, and what quality?

List of teams who need wingers:

1. Boston - top 6 scoring RW

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Edmonton need wingers badly. What quality do they need? Top 6, just any would be better than what we have.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ducks need everything. Wingers, centres, dmen. Only position we don’t need upgrading is in net.

Reactions: Getz2noone

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think TB could be in the market for a winger. Will be interesting to see if TB does anything. They stayed quiet last year and got swept. I feel like they will do something.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
You need wingers? We have them on sale from the Montreal Canadiens!

Byron !
Cousins !
Kovalchuk !
Weal !
ANDDDDDDDDDD.... TATAAAAR !

If you're willing to overpay since he is a specimen of rare occasion, EVEN GALLAGHER!

Come shop now! I SAID NOW ! To find out the best fit for your team and all we ask are prospects !

WHAT A DEAL!
1909 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Montréal, QC H4B 5G0
Horaires :
Ouvert ⋅ Ferme à 18 h 00

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
You need wingers? We have them on sale from the Montreal Canadiens!

Byron !
Cousins !
Kovalchuk !
Weal !
ANDDDDDDDDDD.... TATAAAAR !

If you're willing to overpay since he is a specimen of rare occasion, EVEN GALLAGHER!

Come shop now! I SAID NOW ! To find out the best fit for your team and all we ask are prospects !

WHAT A DEAL!
1909 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Montréal, QC H4B 5G0
Horaires :
Ouvert ⋅ Ferme à 18 h 00

I'd take Cousins in EDM if the price is really cheap.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Boston, Calgary, Edmonton are all defiantly looking for a RW.

Colorado I could see looking for a top 6 wing.

Pittsburgh and Islanders could be.

Buffalo may have pressure to make a playoff push.

I think more teams in the playoff spot are looking for wingers than not

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Flames could use a top 6 RW. Preferably a shoot first guy.
I feel like James Neal fits the bill. But I have these nagging voices in my head telling me Calgary was way too stacked for him to play in the top six. Nashville, Pittsburgh and VGK were all crazy :D

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I feel like James Neal fits the bill. But I have these nagging voices in my head telling me Calgary was way too stacked for him to play in the top six. Nashville, Pittsburgh and VGK were all crazy :D

I know you jest but Neal sucks 5v5 and shouldn’t be in the top 6. I hope Holland addresses this as I wouldn’t mind Neal as a scoring option on the 3rd line

Reactions: JackFr and YP44

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I would love for the Blues to be in on a quality winger rental. Blais is back soon-ish but Tarasenko still out till playoffs means there's some motivation to add a vet for the stretch run and the PO's.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think TB could be in the market for a winger. Will be interesting to see if TB does anything. They stayed quiet last year and got swept.

Correlation != causation. In addition to other factors (including general overconfidence and Cooper’s inability to adjust to a team that was beating us the same way Washington defeated us the year before) we had Hedman getting a concussion right before the playoffs, Point playing with two torn hips, Kucherov disappearing and then getting his stupid ass suspended, and Vasilevskiy going cold at the worst possible time. What difference do you think a rental winger would have made in that series?

Don’t get me wrong: I wouldn’t mind us bringing in an upgrade for our bottom six if the right player is available at a reasonable price. But the lack of a TDL acquisition is not what kept us from winning the Stanley Cup last year, and it won’t be the primary or even a major factor in our success or lack thereof this year either. The Bolts don’t need one more piece to make them serious contenders - they need the players they already have to a) stay healthy, and b) show up when it counts.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad