Are the Penguins a threat in the East? pt 2 (14 W in last 16 GP)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Reverse jinx. He's trying to deflect from the fact that the Caps are the class of the East and anything less than going to the Finals would be another choke job and bust of a season.

Of course the Caps will choke they are the Caps. :cry:

But don't act like I am the only person, that is not a Pens fan, hyping the Pens hard. I could link twenty articles predicting the Pens will come out of the east, just like the one by Greenberg I posted.

mrcshlbrstrm*

Of course the Caps will choke they are the Caps. :cry:

But don't act like I am the only person, that is not a Pens fan, hyping the Pens hard. I could link twenty articles predicting the Pens will come out of the east, just like the one by Greenberg I posted.

Hype is just that, hype. Over the course of the entire season, the Caps are clearly the class of the East and probably the entire league.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hype is just that, hype. Over the course of the entire season, the Caps are clearly the class of the East and probably the entire league.

I agree with that and I will say that the last ten games, disregarding record, has me a tad more optimistic. Not Pen fan optimistic ;) but more optimistic than a month ago.

12672w7.png

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
They do in the East other than I suppose Washington, but there are a bunch of teams in the West that would given them serious problems especially in a 7 game series. I guess we will see what happens. That's the beauty of the playoffs.
I would agree with that. The western conference is always another story. And I'm not saying the Pens are going to have an easy time in the East, either. But their chances look a lot better now than they did previously. Unreal turnaround this season.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pens are surging. Hopefully they tire out for the playoffs but I doubt it. Going to be a fun series if they play either NY team.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
He's making significant progress and he'll almost definitely be ready early in the 1st round. Maybe he doesn't start game 1, but I expect him to start by game 3. He may not get in if Murray is playing well though.

What was wrong with him?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He's making significant progress and he'll almost definitely be ready early in the 1st round. Maybe he doesn't start game 1, but I expect him to start by game 3. He may not get in if Murray is playing well though.

I doubt that.

MAF will get the ok and be in the net even if the Pens are on a five game win streak in the playoffs.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Same here. I'm just worried a tad with MAF, he doesn't seem to be the same guy since that Klownitz hit. I hope i'm wrong.

It's because Kunitz has to be the superstar and he will take anyone out who is going to surpass him. I bet he paid Schenn to run into him with his ass to take him out so he remains the super star (just kidding obviously).

Kunitz: *cup hand waves*

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i'm convinced.

Everything depends on if they beat the Caps or not (if both make 2nd round).

I'd love a Pens vs Sharks cup final, a boy can dream

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I had them going to the finals before the playoffs started, looking good so far. I'm really looking forward to a Washington/Pittsburgh series, should be fun to see.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What was wrong with him?

As someone stated, 2 concussions, I think he might have come back too early from the 1st one because his timing was off and he has been stellar all year and all last year. So you can definitely see he was not ready, not 100% anyways and then he gets his 2nd concussion. Murray might have had one too, but he's come back from his perfectly fine, it's always tough with brain trauma.

I wouldn't rush Fleury at all, I would keep having him practice until he has 4 solid full gear practices with some bumps and what not and see how he's handling that, also you never pull your hot hand (Murray) to play someone because of some obligation.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
i'm convinced.

Everything depends on if they beat the Caps or not (if both make 2nd round).

I'd love a Pens vs Sharks cup final, a boy can dream

People have tried to bully the Pens under Sullivan's tenure and their motto is - Keep skating. It's been good and it's worked. I mean they had a game or two here and there that they lost since January and it wasn't even anything to be alarmed about because the Pens came back the next game better and on track.

Focus - That's what is new with the current team. They are focused. They are also a determined bunch, I love this never give up and never out of it mentality they have.

2-0 deficit to a 3-6 win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad