Are the Oilers for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
:shakehead wow do people really need to keep using this ridiculous argument.

the question is not "brent burns is gonna win the art ross so does that mean the oilers are for real?"

its a poor argument to use. if you don't believe the oilers are actually an improved team, state some legitimate reason or vise versa, all this type of argument does is move the goalposts.

because burns is leading the league in points currently has no correlation to how the oilers are playing as a team.

My "argument" isn't that burns is leading in points. I'm saying that just because panik is leading in goals and howard is leading in save percentage, that doesn't mean they are going to be there at the end of the season.

If you actually bothered to read my post then you would see that I believe it is better to wait for a larger sample size of games rather then make assumptions based off of the first 5 games of the season. Are the oilers a better team then last year? Sure. Are they "for real"? That remains to be seen.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
My "argument" isn't that burns is leading in points. I'm saying that just because panik is leading in goals and howard is leading in save percentage, that doesn't mean they are going to be there at the end of the season.

If you actually bothered to read my post then you would see that I believe it is better to wait for a larger sample size of games rather then make assumptions based off of the first 5 games of the season. Are the oilers a better team then last year? Sure. Are they "for real"? That remains to be seen.

stating that those players can't keep up their pace means that somehow the oilers can't keep up their pace is a flawed argument. all you would've had to say is 5 games is to small a sample to make a proper case either way.

it just seemed petulant to put the current league leaders on the post inferring that somehow that means oilers aren't "for real".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad