Are the Leafs better or worse this year than last year?

Are the Leafs better or worse than last year?

• Total voters

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
They are better from a talent perspective but worse from a coaching / system angle.

The creativity has been coached right out of the young kids and the special teams, especially the PP, are awful right now with coaches refusing to adjust.

Reactions: Slyfox

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
There is no way a team can add Tavares and Muzzin and be worse. Somehow, however, the Leafs are. I would also say that Leafs the second half of this season are also worse than the Leafs the second half of the 2016/17 season.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Better on paper...but they really need a better coach. Babcock's incredibly overrated (I could have done a decent job with those Detroit and Olympic teams...and with Anaheim everybody knows Giguere stood on his head for them).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The jury is still out. IMO it will depend on whether the Leafs can make it past the Bruins in the 1st round of the playoffs. If they do, they're a better team this year. If they don't they're worse because next year the cap space will be extremely tight for the team and salary dump trades and decisions to let good UFAs go will have to be made due to to financial issues.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Locker room is struggling without Leo but they are better on ice so I say they are slightly better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad