Are the Canucks the unluckiest team in the league?

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
- Can't get high draft picks
- Consistently choked in playoffs whenever they made it.
- Bonehead moves/decisions by GMs and owners
- Terrible luck with coaches
- Don't win in trades
- FAs rarely seem to work out
- fans destroying cities after playoff meltdowns.
- relying on goaltender too much
- relying on 1 line too much
- injuries
- suspensions

Reactions: Joe Sakic and Kelly

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Habs need a word... missed out on Sid, Matthews/Laine, Dahlin/Svech, got the best player out of the worst draft in history or 2nd best wtv, etc...

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Like another poster said, not really bad luck just poor management.

And as someone from Vancouver, I can say that Vancouver is a very fickle sports market. Not many die hard fans, lots of bandwagoners. Everyone was a fan in 2011 and now people don't even know who our starting goalie is LOL

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
And I hope it continues forever, I have nothing bad to say about any other franchise but I LOVE watching the Canucks fail, it is one of my favourite things about sports. Watching them draft no hockey IQ Jake Virtanen and I laughed and laughed, Joulovi or however you spell it, HA what a choke job with Tkachuk sitting there, Eriksson, Ganger LOL, thinking that pylon Gufbranson is an NHL player, getting nothing for Hamhuis, goalie chaos, riots, Sedins refusing to try to win and rather going home cupless instead of being traded to a contender, Bertuzzi going psycho when they had a shot at the cup, Dave Nonis, it’s been great. Jim Benning is icing on the cake. they ruined a great cup window with Booth, Ballard contracts. Imagine if they spent that 8+ million better.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
And I hope it continues forever, I have nothing bad to say about any other franchise but I LOVE watching the Canucks fail, it is one of my favourite things about sports. Watching them draft no hockey IQ Jake Virtanen and I laughed and laughed, Joulovi or however you spell it, HA what a choke job with Tkachuk sitting there, Eriksson, Ganger LOL, thinking that pylon Gufbranson is an NHL player, getting nothing for Hamhuis, goalie chaos, riots, Sedins refusing to try to win and rather going home cupless instead of being traded to a contender, Bertuzzi going psycho when they had a shot at the cup, Dave Nonis, it’s been great. Jim Benning is icing on the cake. they ruined a great cup window with Booth, Ballard contracts. Imagine if they spent that 8+ million better.
That's cool. I have more in my life than caring this much about a hockey team and all its personnel over the years.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
- Don't win in trades
- injuries
- suspensions

giphy.gif

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
- Don't win in trades
- injuries
- suspensions
Nah . You got boeser and Petterson not that unlucky for a team that should have been going full rebuild for a while but keeps trying to make the ploffs

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The thing that gets me about this team is how the fans leave early during the games. Like, as early as the mid-second they're gone. It might be because Vancouver isn't the best city when it comes to driving. But as a Jets season ticket holder, the earliest I've left in recent memory was the mid-third period when we were losing terribly.

But I truly do think the Canucks deserve to win the cup a few times. I just hope they bring more classy players, even classier grinders oppose to guys like Kesler, Burrows, etc. Leipsic looks like he's likely going to be their new Burrows/Kesler.

Reactions: amethyst

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
- Don't win in trades
- injuries
- suspensions

The bolded isn't unlucky. It's just a team with no backbone.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008

At least they aren't the laughs. Gad remember the Harold Ballard years!

KahunaBaby

Oct 31, 2011
Whalley, B.C.
In some ways yes unlucky. In others not so much. Burning down your city (not once but twice) isn't going to gain any favors with the karma police.

But they have been very unlucky when it comes to drafting 1st OA. They have been in the league since 1970 and have never drafted 1st OA. Meanwhile you have other teams that have come along after Vancouver and have drafted 1st OA more than once. So that sucks.

They have also been unlucky with the new draft lottery format. For the last three years Vancouver has dropped in spots so that's been quite unlucky as well. With Vancouver's luck they will scrap this current format once they get competitive.

Reactions: Jason316

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad