Are the Canucks falling off a cliff?

Didactic*

Sedins look bad like last year, Miller is terrible, Bonino and other new additions calming down, soft and fragile defensive core, teams have figured them out.

Do you think that the Canucks are coming back down to earth, I.E, a bubble team like most predicted?

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
Meh. I'm thinking our defense is still our biggest problem by far.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Every team this season will go through a slump. It's part of the sport known as hockey.

My hope is that it doesn't go much longer than tonight.

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
Kari is playing out of his mind tonight, any other night and the Canucks would be up by 3 right now... They've easily outchanced Dallas.

One of those chances near the end of the 2nd period the Canucks were offsides by at least 30 feet. I've never seen anything like that. Has anyone else?

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
No Dan Hamhuis no more winning.

Miller isn't good enough to steal games and our defensive play has looked atrocious.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
It's not a surprise that when our best defenseman in Hamhuis gets injured, the Canucks start to suffer. The Canucks don't have the depth that they once had on the blueline.

But if you're basing it on the game against Dallas, you can't deny that Lehtonen's playing a great game. That first period, the Canucks could have been up 3-0 but he's made some amazing saves. Those go in and we have a different game.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Both the Canucks and Flames have fallen back down to earth.

Pretty much the whole Pacific division is collapsing.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They've scored 2 goals total in their past 3 games, problem is more than defense right now.

Defencemen like Hamhuis (and Giordano) have a huge effect on how much time the team spends on offence, which is why when a guy like that goes down, you typically see a decrease in offensive production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad