Are the Canucks falling off a cliff?

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Yea we're enroute to a top pick because no team has ever gone 0-4-1 and ended up making the playoffs or winning the cup (not saying we will).

I wonder if Mcdavid likes Orcas and rain?

idontwatchockeyatall

Dec 3, 2014
Sedins this sedins that blah blah blah

It's guys like burrows , Higgins , bonino and Kassian (I know he's injured) not showing up

That and some real questionable defence (bieksa) and hamhuis' s injury didn't help anything

Mathius was doing great till robidas elbowed him in the face ...miller hasn't been the sharpest lately

Good thing they had such a good start to the year

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If losing one Hamhuis screws your season..... You are *********

Some teams can lose a guy like Hamhuis (Hawks/Blues/Boston) for example and don't miss a beat because of depth.

Canucks losing Hamhuis puts a massive and I mean massive hole in the defense. It makes Sbisa a top 4 / Tanev top 3 / Bieksa top 2 / Edler top 1 guy.

They just can't do it, Hamhuis is the glue that makes everything tick on the back end.

Is that the ONLY reason tho?, of course not. But it's a huge reason

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Well first they lost in Detroit, then they went into Toronto where they were lambasted.

But that was ok because then the Canucks were up 3-0 in Ottawa. However since that 3-0 lead the wheels have completely fallen off .

one goal against montreal and one in the two games since I think.

idontwatchockeyatall

Dec 3, 2014
Well first they lost in Detroit, then they went into Toronto where they were lambasted.

But that was ok because then the Canucks were up 3-0 in Ottawa. However since that 3-0 lead the wheels have completely fallen off .

you are correct

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Too many bottom 6 forwards and they are being thrust into top 6 roles. Its not a surprise that the scoring has dried up. You can only expect so much production out of your 3rd and 4th lines. The Canucks need wingers and good ones as well. Vrbata was a good addition but they need at least one more legitimate scoring threat maybe even two.

I feel like I made this exact post last year as well lol.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Hamhuis eats minutes and fits well in the system.

I'd have rather lost any forward other than Henrik

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

They were talking on the radio how it was such an odd turning point in the early season for the canucks, the 2nd period in ottowa of all things where the team suddenly looked like they ran out of gas completely. Apparently when they were on the winning streak willie said post game he was concerned with how they were getting goals as he didnt expect it to last due to lack of pressure in front of the net.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Too many bottom 6 forwards and they are being thrust into top 6 roles. Its not a surprise that the scoring has dried up. You can only expect so much production out of your 3rd and 4th lines. The Canucks need wingers and good ones as well. Vrbata was a good addition but they need at least one more legitimate scoring threat maybe even two.

I feel like I made this exact post last year as well lol.

One guy for sure to play with bonino. Higgins and burrows just dont have a scoring touch like a top 6 winger.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
One guy for sure to play with bonino. Higgins and burrows just dont have a scoring touch like a top 6 winger.

I thought bringing in Miller was the wrong move at the time. It would have been riskier betting on two young goalies but they could have saved the cap and gone after another forward. If they were going to 'go for it' in the last years of the Sedins, it would have been better to try to hit a home run than settle for a double.

Lack did falter a bit down the stretch but he proved over the season that he could hold down the fort.

I admit I was wrong about the Canucks though. I thought both Vrbata and Miller were poor signings and the Canucks would have been better off tearing it all down.

Their early play has shown they still have some fight left and I think they still have a good chance of making the playoffs but as it currently stands I don't think they have the fire power to make any real noise.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
First stretch of losses in a row... the sky isn't falling yet.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Remember when the Nucks fan made a thread about SC predictions and included Vancouver in the TOP3 ? Yeah, this one feels much more reasonable. Average team is average team at the end of the day.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I think they are not as bad as theyhave looked in the past few games and not as good as they looked to start the season. I think this is a little balancing out to where they are a bubble team.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Remember when the Nucks fan made a thread about SC predictions and included Vancouver in the TOP3 ? Yeah, this one feels much more reasonable. Average team is average team at the end of the day.

Well he does not speak for us whoever he was. Honestly I never seen that post and dont know if he was serious or joking or actually a canucks fan.

I think they are not as bad as theyhave looked in the past few games and not as good as they looked to start the season. I think this is a little balancing out to where they are a bubble team.

Most on our board considered us this at the start of the season, a team on the bubble of playoffs, maybe we get in, maybe not.

The problem was how well they played out of the gate, then we beat san jose and the ducks which we were unable to do last season at all (yes we were 0-5 vs ducks last season), then the wins continued, and then just as the fanbase (which has the highest of highs and lowest of lows) started to get excited, it went the opposite direction. As is evident by the OP being a canucks fan, how many fanbases flock to the main board to announce the team they cheer for is falling off a cliff? The hockey gods love to troll the fanbase. Now the sky is falling because it fell last year in late december under torts. I guess we will find out.

Last edited:

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Sedins this sedins that blah blah blah

It's guys like burrows , Higgins , bonino and Kassian (I know he's injured) not showing up

So much this! Sedins been carrying Van a lot but there is no one else to step up. The future looks pretty dark for Van and In my believe they missed out on a cup 'cause they did not address the problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
They have good frontline players but no depth, both at forward and on defense. If the Sedins/Vrbata/Hamuis/Miller go missing or get hurt or play poorly...there's just not a lot of talent to make up the difference for any sustained length of time.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
They are a weird team, strike me as a wild card out in the West but they've been off to a good start. Don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They got some points they probably didn't deserve earlier and now they probably deserve a few more points than they've gotten.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Our team's best defense (Hamhuis) is injured. This team would be battling for top spot if we had him in the lineup. Once he returns the team will be hard to beat!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad