Are McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, Mackinnon and Kane the top 5 forwards in the league?

Are these the 5 best forwards going into 19-20

• Total voters

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Is it safe to say that these 5 guys, in some order, are the top 5 forwards in the league?

Vote no if you would displace even one of them with somebody else and post who.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Only McDavid and Kucherov are for sure top 5. OV was better than Crosby, MacK and Kane the last 2 seasons (regular season + playoffs) so he should be in. (using 2 seasons because that's when MacK broke out)

17/18 regular season:
MacK/OV
Crosby
Kane

17/18 playoffs:
OV
Crosby
MacK
Kane (didn't play)

18/19 regular season:
Kane/OV/MacK/Crosby

18/19 playoffs:
MacK/OV
Kane/Crosby (both didn't play)

Probably McDavid, Kucherov, Ovechkin, MacK, Crosby.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Barkov > Kane, Crosby, MacKinnon.

This will be evident to most of the hockey fan world by the end of the season. It’s the reason he’s still voted as underrated by his peers even though he’s ranked as a top 5 C. Overton window is shifting. One big playoff run changes everything. The only people who will rebel against this take venomously (and will be proven wrong) are those who say he’s overrated to feel smart and special (excluding Kane, Crosby and MacKinnon fans).

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Barkov > Kane, Crosby, MacKinnon.

This will be evident to most of the hockey fan world by the end of the season. It’s the reason he’s still voted as underrated by his peers even though he’s ranked as a top 5 C. Overton window is shifting. One big playoff run changes everything. The only people who will rebel against this take venomously (and will be proven wrong) are those who say he’s overrated to feel smart and special (excluding Kane, Crosby and MacKinnon fans).

You are the reason people think Barkov is overrated.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Wow. Confirmed, top 5...
Let me try to break it down since I have a couple minutes and some haven't put it together yet...

If... Barkov is Voted top 5 by NHL...

Then... NHL Players vote he's MOST underrated in NHL...

Therefore..."Cats2TheCup" makes him OVERRATED!?

Or perhaps... some people aren't as good at evaluating hockey players as others, yet still have equal access to the internet.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Only guy who immediately comes to mind that could displace one of those guys is Barkov. McDavid and MacKinnon IMO are the clear top 2.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
Yes, indeed.

Now let me try to break it down for some other people since I have a couple minutes and they haven't put it together yet...

If... Barkov is Voted top 5 by NHL...

Then... NHL players vote he's MOST underrated in NHL...

Therefore..."Cats2TheCup" makes him OVERRATED!

Or maybe, some people aren't as good at evaluating hockey players as others?

Your logic is dictated by the back-assward definition that the players use for underrated. Before Barkov, Toews was voted as the most underrated player right before he became the most over-saturated player in the media for being "underrated". It's weird how Barkov is following suit. Also, the video you've posted is exclusively for centres and not all forwards.

You're not going to convince anyone that Barkov is better than Sidney f***ing Crosby, let alone Kane and MacKinnon.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Your logic is dictated by the back-assward definition that the players use for underrated. Before Barkov, Toews was voted as the most underrated player right before he became the most over-saturated player in the media for being "underrated". It's weird how Barkov is following suit. Also, the video you've posted is exclusively for centres and not all forwards.

You're not going to convince anyone that Barkov is better than Sidney ****ing Crosby, let alone Kane and MacKinnon.
If you want to battle definitions take it up with the authors of NBC and the players who claimed Barkov was most underated. I am posting clear NHL affiliated links, you are posting but thurt commentary on definitions and ignoring the two posters above you, the National Hockey League, and NHL professional players, to make yourself feel special. Its very sad and you should log off by now and go about your good day instead of chasing me every chance you get to vent.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
If you want to battle definitions take it up with the authors of NBC and the players who claimed Barkov was most underated. I am posting clear NHL affiliated links, you are posting but thurt commentary on definitions and ignoring the two posters above you, the National Hockey League, and NHL professional players, to make yourself feel special. Its very sad and you should log off by now and go about your good day instead of chasing me every chance you get to vent.

Go ahead and keep pumping his tires to the point where people get sick of hearing about him. Barkov is an excellent player, but it's ridiculous to call him better than a guy like Crosby. Show me something other than an opinion piece that says he's better than Crosby, Kane and MacKinnon.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Go ahead and keep pumping his tires to the point where people get sick of hearing about him. Barkov is an excellent player, but it's ridiculous to call him better than a guy like Crosby. Show me something other than an opinion piece that says he's better than Crosby, Kane and MacKinnon.
Pay me. I'll be back later.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I say your best bet is to add Ovechkin and ask if they are the "top 6" forwards in the league. I'd say you'd get an even larger majority saying yes.

I personally have Ovechkin #6 so i voted yes - but i think if there's one forward who can be argued above some of these guys it's him. Those 6 i think are the clear top 6, in some order.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby and Kane are the top-4, 5 is a toss-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad