Are McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, Mackinnon and Kane the top 5 forwards in the league?

Are these the 5 best forwards going into 19-20

• Total voters

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Barkov > Kane, Crosby, MacKinnon.

This will be evident to most of the hockey fan world by the end of the season. It’s the reason he’s still voted as underrated by his peers even though he’s ranked as a top 5 C. Overton window is shifting. One big playoff run changes everything. The only people who will rebel against this take venomously (and will be proven wrong) are those who say he’s overrated to feel smart and special (excluding Kane, Crosby and MacKinnon fans).

I mean the the actual NHL players were polled and none of them had Barkov in the top 3 yet serveral had MacKinnon in that group.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Crosby, Mackinnon, or Kane.
Crosby and kane are easily better at this point. Crosby just had 100 points and was 4th in selke voting. He's had more points than Ovechkin 7 consecutive seasons now. Ovechkin is still a great goal scorer but I wouldn't even have him top 10 overall. Too one dimensional.

Reactions: RacMan93

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I wonder what would happen if ovech-kin would use his one timer or shot no more often than other players from this list. Right, he would be in the ass

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Barkov > Kane, Crosby, MacKinnon.

This will be evident to most of the hockey fan world by the end of the season. It’s the reason he’s still voted as underrated by his peers even though he’s ranked as a top 5 C. Overton window is shifting. One big playoff run changes everything. The only people who will rebel against this take venomously (and will be proven wrong) are those who say he’s overrated to feel smart and special (excluding Kane, Crosby and MacKinnon fans).
Barkov 6 playoffs games 3 points.
Mackinnon 25 playoff games 29 points.

Barkov is great but he’s going to have to put up Mackinnon type numbers in the playoffs before he’s considered better than MacK

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I dont know how you cant have Ovechkin in it, regardless of how well some of the others have played.

Ovechkin wins the Rocket every season and won a Conn Smythe 1 year ago.

I know people on here dont think goals matter... but goals matter.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah Barkov is a great player. Easily top 10. Not top 5 though. Isn't as good as McDavid, Such, Crosby, Kane, or Mac right now. I'd probably say Ovi next, then maybe Bergeron and Barkov.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Matthews should be in the mix. Once he gets a full season under his belt we can tell for sure but as for now those 5 are on the paper the top5

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Matthews should be in the mix. Once he gets a full season under his belt we can tell for sure but as for now those 5 are on the paper the top5
The lowest point total of any of those players was 99, and 4 of them broke 40 goals. He’s nowhere near in the mix for top 5 yet. 5-10? Sure, but there’s not a single player listed in the OP he has an winning argument over yet

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
This isn't the first time you've written about visualizing liquid coming out of people on these boards. I still remember what you said about your pants.
It takes a very special of mind to think that seeing someone foaming at the mouth is an erotic fantasy.

What did I say about my pants ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad