Are Ducks fans still down on Perry?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
No hes still pretty bad outside of his ot winners he owes us like 3 more before i forgive him

Luckily, when he retired, Teemu bestowed his teammates with his own talents. Rakell got his sniping ability, Cam got his ability to seemingly fully recover from injury that seems like it would take him out much longer, Getzlaf was bestowed clutchness, and Perry got his ability to open a ketchup bottle all over the place. This goal may trigger many more.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
With the experience and pedigree that Perry has, you're bound to have heroic moments sometimes. Doesn't take away that he's been garbage all season though.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He's had an off year, but Getzlaf did as well three years back too. Those two deserve a pass and a chance for redemption.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Luckily, when he retired, Teemu bestowed his teammates with his own talents. Rakell got his sniping ability, Cam got his ability to seemingly fully recover from injury that seems like it would take him out much longer, Getzlaf was bestowed clutchness, and Perry got his ability to open a ketchup bottle all over the place. This goal may trigger many more.

I just have this image in my head of a laboratory room where Selanne is being dissected. It's like the reverse 6 million dollar man. We can unbuild him. We have the technology.

PingviN

May 6, 2017
He's had a poor regular season, but so did Getzlaf up until the break. Putting Perry on the 3d line means less ice team which means fewer goals. And he doesn't get to play with Getz serving up the passes either.

First round of playoffs, still not great, but he's picking it up. Getting a shot at 1st line again seems to be working for him and he's working hard for the team. Still a very expensive contract and Anaheim can't be paying that much for such inconsistency.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
He had a bad season. He looks a step slow and, at times, was floating. I think it was a tough year for him - came in after playing for Team Canada and seemed in a funk most of the year. I think he also suffered from having line mates that were not matched to his style of play - basically his line wants to play faster than he does/can. He also lost his spot on the top power play, which explains part of the decline in goal scoring. But on a line with Getzlaf, the style/speed is better for him. Obviously, everyone looks better on a line with Getzlaf - he's made millions for Matt Beleskey, David Perrron and many other players.

I know from the ducks' management perception, they felt the effort was there and like what he brings to the lockeroom. I'm hoping for a bounce back year next year - but I wouldn't at all be surprised if he doesn't bounce back. His contract is going to be a problem - seems to me like he could be a buy out candidate in a few years, expecially if the NHL offers amnesty buyouts at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad