Are Ducks fans still down on Perry?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
There has been lots of talk of how he (contract and play) has become one of the biggest burdens on the team. Is the narrative still the same after his past few of performances ?

Reactions: Hot Pockets

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Yes! But tonight he eats like a king! Most hoping this season was an outlier and he regains some form next year. One key goal doesn't give him a season long pass. If that was a goal that raised the Stanley Cup it would be different.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Yes! But tonight he eats like a king! Most hoping this season was an outlier and he regains some form next year. One key goal doesn't give him a season long pass. If that was a goal that raised the Stanley Cup it would be different.

True but just to be factual he now has 2 key overtime goals this year.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Pretty much this. You can count on one hand the amount of good games he's had this year, but as long as we keep winning no one will care.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
It wasnt just ducks fans

He was playing 3rd line min on a team that doesnt really run 3 lines

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Hoping this makes him go on a tear. He looked better than he did in the regular season for the first couple games against the Flames then went back to looking useless.

What a huge goal for him

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
8.625M cap hit through 21/22. 10M salary this year. A blue line full of guys who are going to need money. A player who's quickly going the way of Dustin Brown.

Have fun.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
8.625M cap hit through 21/22. 10M salary this year. A blue line full of guys who are going to need money. A player who's quickly going the way of Dustin Brown.

Have fun.

I sense some salt. :laugh:

No regrets here. At the time, guy was a top goal scorer and there was no one out there to replace someone of his ilk. The contract might become an albatross, but it is what it is. I still have faith he has some good years left in him. Is he overpaid right now? Undoubtedly, but again the contract was an understandable one given the context.

I think it's kinda cool that Perry and Getz are likely going to be Ducks for their whole careers.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I've always loved him. Underperformance or not. He's been one of two constants for this team for over a decade now

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Have fun.

Who gives a ****? They have the money to pay the guys they need to pay and are good at drafting.

He had 50+ points this season in a bad year and could still bounce back

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
We are rightfully gushing over him right now, but yeah, his contract is going to be a huge burden in the coming years. I liked him in the last two games but it doesn't blind me to the stinker season he put up. Hopefully this year was an anomaly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No hes still pretty bad outside of his ot winners he owes us like 3 more before i forgive him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad