Value of: Are any of these Big Boys available in a trade? What would be the cost?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
They will all be out of the game before damn report comes out.

As it stands now, no one from that team is eligible for international play until that report comes out.

Why this is important is because until that report comes out, Makar will not be eligible for the World Cup next year.

I think that all but guarantees that there will be pressure from above to release the report next offseason.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Anderson is available but it’s going to be for a player with similar term unless someone wants to overpay with futures in win now mode and for the next few years.

Like Toronto.

But as a habs fan I don’t want anyone from Toronto other than their “star” prospects.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Everyone wants a big boy no doubt. But you gotta find a young one and a future big boy. Teams don’t give up veteran big boys

Pretty much though. Everyone laughs when teams "reach" for potential power forward and "overdraft" them at the table. But there's a reason for that. They're highly coveted and when they actually pan out, you basically can't pry them away from that team for anything remotely reasonable.

It's just a scarce resource in the league.

You can have Luke Kunin

Has he improved at all in actually playing Center? If so, i could definitely see a team like the Canucks looking at him as a "budget big boy". He's really not that big, but he plays a pretty robust game physically and has enough hustle to fit the system. Could be a cheaper little "under the radar" pickup to add a RH C/W with some flexibility to maybe push the depth guys like Aman down another rung. But if he can't sub reasonably as a #4C down the middle, there's probably not much point. Especially if they do go out and make a bigger move for a Top-6 C/W that pushes other guys down the lineup. Especially since Lafferty has shown he can play in the middle just fine himself.

Reactions: Chainshot

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
As it stands now, no one from that team is eligible for international play until that report comes out.

Why this is important is because until that report comes out, Makar will not be eligible for the World Cup next year.

I think that all but guarantees that there will be pressure from above to release the report next offseason.
I'm till waiting on the report on who killed JFK (Kennedy) .........

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pretty much though. Everyone laughs when teams "reach" for potential power forward and "overdraft" them at the table. But there's a reason for that. They're highly coveted and when they actually pan out, you basically can't pry them away from that team for anything remotely reasonable.

It's just a scarce resource in the league.

Has he improved at all in actually playing Center? If so, i could definitely see a team like the Canucks looking at him as a "budget big boy". He's really not that big, but he plays a pretty robust game physically and has enough hustle to fit the system. Could be a cheaper little "under the radar" pickup to add a RH C/W with some flexibility to maybe push the depth guys like Aman down another rung. But if he can't sub reasonably as a #4C down the middle, there's probably not much point. Especially if they do go out and make a bigger move for a Top-6 C/W that pushes other guys down the lineup. Especially since Lafferty has shown he can play in the middle just fine himself.
He has been playing as a C but he is genuinely not very good. If you’re looking for him to be a bottom sixer that’s fine but he’s our 3C and its not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00