Value of: Are any of these Big Boys available in a trade? What would be the cost?

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Not too in tune with the other teams but I would say very little chance Batherson is moved. He is back to his pre-Aaron Dell injury days around a point per game while improving his two-way game significantly.

His contract is also one of the better ones in the league relative to what he brings so it'd be very tough for Ottawa to get fair value out of him.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Movement (for a package) is typically driven by a player with a contract set to expire soon. Here, Tuch and Jenner have another 2 years left. Crouse and Batherson have another 3. Ek has another 5!

For the reason you want them (good player with term), their respective teams will want to keep them. The standard fare of 1st+non-untouchable prospect+Kuzmenko is not compelling.

It's largely rentals that get moved at the deadline for a reason.

Last edited:

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I seriously doubt EEK is going anywhere unless someone overpays for him by a lot. Dude is pretty much the guy i think of when i hear the words Minnesota wild (sorry Kaprizov).

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I would suspect tuch is available but i guess sabres fans would be more inclined to interject here. I could see Jenner being available too.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Jenner has more internal value to the Blue Jackets than any team would logically spend to acquire him, especially this season. Maybe Jarmo gets fired and the new GM decides to make changes in the summer, but Jenner’s the longest tenured Jacket, captain, faceoff master, signed to an insanely good contract, and default 1C (although it does appear that he’s lost that job while out with the broken jaw since both Fantilli and Sillinger have had excellent chemistry with Gaudreau).

Reactions: ViD and nashnaidoo

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
How about a poor man’s Lawson Crouse? The Ducks would probably part with Max Jones.

1705453161508.png

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I would suspect tuch is available but i guess sabres fans would be more inclined to interject here. I could see Jenner being available too.
From what I understand, Tuch is not only a great player for the Sabres but a big part of the team’s culture. I was expecting them to make him the next captain, and he still might be after Okposo retires.

Reactions: Irie and hn777

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Dont care what anyone says, Size does matter,

Are any of these forwards available? What would be the cost.

Alex Tuch
Lawson Crouse
Eriksson EK
Boone Jenner
Drake Batherson
Jenner make sense Columbus goes nowhere for another time.
Time to Jenner to go and try to win a Stanley cup. If he want to go he will be a very good addition for the club they can acquire him

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Alex Tuch
Lawson Crouse
Eriksson EK
Boone Jenner
Drake Batherson
But some might say small players are the “perfect size”… right?? :(

I can’t see why Jenner wouldn’t be available for the right price. Batherson probably could but he’s one of the few players drastically outplaying their contracts on the Sens but something’s gotta give on that team.

Can’t see the others being available without a massive overpayment

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
JEE and his contract makes him unavailable for anything realistic. No point on speculating what he would cost, as it would just rile up folks for no reason.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What would it take to pry Batherson out of Ottawa and get him on the Jets?
1st in 2024, Lucius and Barron do it?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Alex Tuch
Lawson Crouse
Eriksson EK
Boone Jenner
Drake Batherson
Tuch will not be moved.
Batherson still lined to the juniors sex scandal.
EK not availablr

Crouse isn’t getting moved.

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Alex Tuch
Lawson Crouse
Eriksson EK
Boone Jenner
Drake Batherson
Which team is trading for them? Easier to find a trade between two specific teams over a player from your list.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
What would it take to pry Batherson out of Ottawa and get him on the Jets?
1st in 2024, Lucius and Barron do it?
Ottawa takes that and runs, But are you sure you wanna acquire Batherson before the Hockey Canada Scandal investigation is complete? Might want to wait for the findings to be released before you acquire Batherson.

Reactions: hn777

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Alex Tuch

Lawson Crouse
Eriksson EK
Boone Jenner
Drake Batherson

No chance on the bolded. Local product, absolutely loves being a Sabre, recently got an "A" on his sweater. He's not going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad