Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Was he not eligible for the AHL?

Anyways, good for him. He didn't really give the habs a reason to cut him, but the numbers game was eventually going to come into play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was he not eligible for the AHL?

Anyways, good for him. He didn't really give the habs a reason to cut him, but the numbers game was eventually going to come into play.

Yes he was eligible for the AHL. But this is the best course of action. Laval will be deep on defense and he will be kind of lost in the shuffle. This way, he goes to Kitchener and will play a key part.

He also hasn't played in over a year since the OHL was shut down last year. So this is also a way to let him get his game going at Junior.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes he was eligible for the AHL. But this is the best course of action. Laval will be deep on defense and he will be kind of lost in the shuffle. This way, he goes to Kitchener and will play a key part.

He also hasn't played in over a year since the OHL was shut down last year. So this is also a way to let him get his game going at Junior.

I couldn't agree more. In KIT, he'll log over 25 minutes a night in all situations. And there is some untapped offence there if he's allowed to carry and move the puck, which he will be in junior.

Awesome. I really liked him. Wonder why he couldn't play echl at least?

I'm a big believer in the junior leagues when you have guys eligible to play there who haven't fully honed their skill game. In the ECHL he'll likely linger with less ice and get challenged to fight more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad