Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Are shoulder injuries the kind of injuries that can affect his career in the long term?

Since this is a write off season, I guess it's good that he can start resting now.

And to all posters that were blaming MSL for "neutering" him... Guess you were wrong?

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Are shoulder injuries the kind of injuries that can affect his career in the long term?

Since this is a write off season, I guess it's good that he can start resting now.

And to all posters that were blaming MSL for "neutering" him... Guess you were wrong?
Yes, they can. See Josh Norris.

Reactions: Licou

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I wonder if it is the cause of the injury he suffered earlier in the season because that was his right shoulder

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I question why he played all those games then ? It's the same thing they did with Cole. Why not shut down a player the moment he's actually hurt ?

I mean, Cole hasn't recovered yet and it's been more than a year. Lets hope it gets better.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I question why he played all those games then ? It's the same thing they did with Cole. Why not shut down a player the moment he's actually hurt ?

I mean, Cole hasn't recovered yet and it's been more than a year. Lets hope it gets better.

I agree.

Playing hurt during a tanking season is not the smartest thing to do. The team should take better care of its players.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I agree.

Playing hurt during a tanking season is not the smartest thing to do. The team should take better care of its players.
Responsibility lies on the players if they are injured.

The team can’t know if the player doesn’t share that information, it’s not like they give them MRI scans after each game.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting that he's having surgery on his left shoulder, according to rds, as opposed to last season when it was his right.

I guess that's good news that he isn't having a recurring right shoulder problem.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Responsibly lies on the players if they are injured.

The team can’t know if the player doesn’t share that information, it’s not like they give them MRI scans after each game.

Yeah you're probably right.

I lie to my wife all the time about my own little beer league injuries myself so... :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Paddy17 and jaffy27

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Probably the same shoulder he injured against Vegas earlier this year.

Man that’s sucks. We are cursed.

Hope it’s not as big of a operation as the right shoulder last year.

Reactions: FLHabs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

If it’s as serious as Cole, he’s probably not back right at the start of next season and it will take a while for him to feel 100% the same.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
BUT LETS MAKE HIM FIGHT EVERY NIGHT!

Right guys!

f***ing great, ends another season with another shoulder surgery.

Already bordering damaged,
At least the contract will be ridiculous cheap
He didn't even fight he got cheapshotted.

Reactions: jaffy27

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I know fans like fighting, but Arber has the potential to be a very good top 4 dman. Should that potential and career be squandered to make fans happy by punching people's faces?

I can see why the habs team is asking him to focus on the other aspects of his game. It would be such a waste for Arber to have a shortened career just because he fights well. There is so much more to hockey than that.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Responsibly lies on the players if they are injured.

Fool me once shame on you... By this time everyone in the NHL knows that players consistently try to play through anything, no matter how bad, and that it is up to the team and medical staff to drag them off the ice. You can blame the players but this is the same group that refused helmets, goalie masks, and visors. Perceived toughness over safety and sanity, they are not going to do what is best for their careers.

Reactions: Licou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad