Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Pretty sure we can change his Nick-name to something more generic as he is no longer an enforcer but just a regular D man.

Good luck to him with the remaining skillset keeping his spot among upcoming LHD.

Just to clarify, I called him that not because he is just an enforcer, but because he does not like Wifi, and prefers "The Sheriff', and I was too lazy to check how to spell his name. LOL.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Fool me once shame on you... By this time everyone in the NHL knows that players consistently try to play through anything, no matter how bad, and that it is up to the team and medical staff to drag them off the ice. You can blame the players but this is the same group that refused helmets, goalie masks, and visors. Perceived toughness over safety and sanity, they are not going to do what is best for their careers.
Goalie masks, Visors and helmets are physical things that we can see….a torn ligament in the body is not so apparent unless he’s complaining about it every shift

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wonder if the usual suspect in the Guhle thread are gonna come in and say the same thing about AX lol ? Is he soft too ? Is he too weak ? Is he injury prone ? Should we trade him ?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wonder if the usual suspect in the Guhle thread are gonna come in and say the same thing about AX lol ? Is he soft too ? Is he too weak ? Is he injury prone ? Should we trade him ?
The Guhle thread is hilarious.
The dude plays the entire season taking on everything that was dished out at him barely missing a shift but is considered fragile.
No consideration about the role he's playing and how much he's being targeted and no understanding that a cheap shot causing head trauma takes everyone out.. I'm actually pleased with how Guhle was able to manage the schedule and his minutes.
He's clearly our best LD and can handle the number 1 minutes. I felt his injures the previous season were mostly due to fatigue.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27 and Mrb1p

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I would say the injury happened not in a fight, but when he
and Slaf pancaked the Florida player Lorenz with the double hit.
The guy on the end gets the most force, and Xhekaj hit the guy
with his left shoulder......go back and watch the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Just to clarify, I called him that not because he is just an enforcer, but because he does not like Wifi, and prefers "The Sheriff', and I was too lazy to check how to spell his name. LOL.
Hey not a knock on you but the fact he seemed to have hung up the gloves - posted my rant before we heard he was injured.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
This is serious. 2 major shoulder injuries to a guy that needs to be physical to be effective because he doesn’t do much else.

Goes to show you can never have enough depth at any position which is why I believe you should draft BPA....you just never know what can happen and if everything falls right and you have a healthy surplus, great, you simply trade it to fill another need.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: River Meadow

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
He can still be a physical monster I hope. I don't like the doom and gloom here making it sound like he's done as an enforcer. Sounds too pessimistic.

How many other physical players had to go through shoulder surgery? At least It wasn't the same shoulder

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Shoulders made out of glass.

He needs to chill.

He wasn’t the sheriff this year, and you may be right about his shoulders. I wonder if he will be able to continue to play a physical game, including some fights if need be? I’m concerned he may not be able to, which diminishes his value considerably.

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad