Pre-Game Talk: April 1st - Montreal @ Tampa - 19h30

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
This!!!! I'm 100% with you on this!! I want to see Brière with the Gallys, he's been really good lately and we know what he can do in the playoffs. Plus, aside from Vanek and maybe DD, I think Danny is the only one who can match Galchenyuk's imagination on the ice, I really wanna see them playing together with Gallagher being the perfect complement.

The problem with putting Briere with the Gallys is that line would be a nightmare defensively. The Gallys defensive play is still developing, that`s why they need a center who is responsible defensively like Plekanec, so they won`t spend the majority of the time hemmed into their own zone. With Briere at center, I fear that is what would happen.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
The problem with putting Briere with the Gallys is that line would be a nightmare defensively. The Gallys defensive play is still developing, that`s why they need a center who is responsible defensively like Plekanec, so they won`t spend the majority of the time hemmed into their own zone. With Briere at center, I fear that is what would happen.

Yeah I agree, but with home ice this should be manageable, I think this line would be a much bigger threat offensively then with Pleky on it.. don't get me wrong, I love Plekanec, but we know his game isn't primarily about scoring... If we can give him a clear shut down assignment, I could see this working out!! Plus, Brière has been much better defensively at center since he doesn't have to outmuscle people along the boards.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

Time to Clinch Boys! The 1st and the last Canadian team to do so this season!:yo:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This is a statement game. Both teams will be ready, and want to test themselves against each other before the real fun begins.

Montreal also has an opportunity to oficially clinch with 2pts. Even zero points can seal it as long as Washington loses to Dallas.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
This is a statement game. Both teams will be ready, and want to test themselves against each other before the real fun begins.

Montreal also has an opportunity to oficially clinch with 2pts. Even zero points can seal it as long as Washington loses to Dallas.

Really? I thought we had to win and they had to lose.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
Really? I thought we had to win and they had to lose.

They did lose, last night. That was the loss they needed. Max they can get now is 95 points (we're at 93), and even if they go 7-0-0 the rest of the way and we lose 6, we have more wins.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
They did lose, last night. That was the loss they needed. Max they can get now is 95 points (we're at 93), and even if they go 7-0-0 the rest of the way and we lose 6, we have more wins.

Oh yeah, you're right. Good then lol

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
If I'm MT I do this,

[Edit]: forgot lars eller/now habs have different options

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Briere-Gio
Bournival-Eller-White/Parros or Moen

(is he coming back?) if Moen is still hurt White/Parros/At this point I won't mind seeing Parros in a game like this where it can get physical.Inserting Eller in the middle and White on the right side brings toughness and more energy. But I doubt White can handle the duties of being the main pugilist in that whole forward group.Right now Parros is no biggie , but during the playoffs it will be really bad to play Parros, he could easily cost us a goal, and I find Weise brings more energy.

For the D:

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Weiver

For me, the only D-man outside of Emelin who can keep up with the play with Subban is Beaulieu. Since Beaulieu and Subban play the same style, it's hard for Subban to rush the puck up the ice with a rookie defending him. So that leaves me Tinordi, guy who everyone see's being Subban's partner in a couple of years. Big 6'6 stay-at-home guy who Subban could rely on in a few years. Right now Tinner is only 22, but he's still more mobile than Murray or Bouillon, I think Tinordi and Bouillon comit same kind of mistakes, taking too much time in their end to clear the puck.. So let Tinordi learn and sit Bouillon, also Tinordi brings more physicality and can handle Malone/Gudas/ or any of their tough guys.

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

If I'm MT I do this,

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Briere-Gio
Bournival-White-Moen or Parros

(is he coming back?) if Moen is still hurt ^/At this point I won't mind seeing Parros in a game like this where it can get physical. But during the playoffs it will be really bad to play Parros, he could easily cost us a goal, and I find Weise brings more energy.

For the D:

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Weiver

For me, the only D-man outside of Emelin who can keep up with the play with Subban is Beaulieu. Since Beaulieu and Subban play the same style, it's hard for Subban to rush the puck up the ice with a rookie defending him. So that leaves me Tinordi, guy who everyone see's being Subban's partner in a couple of years. Big 6'6 stay-at-home guy who Subban could rely on in a few years. Right now Tinner is only 22, but he's still more mobile than Murray or Bouillon, I think Tinordi and Bouillon comit same kind of mistakes, taking too much time in their end to clear the puck.. So let Tinordi learn and sit Bouillon, also Tinordi brings more physicality and can handle Malone/Gudas/ or any of their tough guys.

Thing is, with last change, I would be afraid that Tampa Bay also decide to field their dirtbag/fighters, like Neil, if we go overweight.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
10169022_10152273772158830_1219804423_n.jpg

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
Thing is, with last change, I would be afraid that Tampa Bay also decide to field their dirtbag/fighters, like Neil, if we go overweight.

Imo if the game goes physical, this will be a message sending game for both sides. So it's better to always go prepared. Last time in Boston, it got pretty shaky after Weise and Moen left, no Prust, no Parros. Murray is tough, but he only clears the crease. We got no-one in our top6 to protect Gallagher/Galchenyuk/Gionta/Briere. We have to dress Parros.

PricePkPatch*

Imo if the game goes physical, this will be a message sending game for both sides. So it's better to always go prepared. Last time in Boston, it got pretty shaky after Weise and Moen left, no Prust, no Parros. Murray is tough, but he only clears the crease. We got no-one in our top6 to protect Gallagher/Galchenyuk/Gionta/Briere. We have to dress Parros.

Not saying you are wrong. I am saying that I am worried about escalation. The more we load-up, the more Tampa's coach will do the same, and the more likely things do blowup with either dirty shots or fights/aggressions.

Galchenyuk4habs

Nov 13, 2011
Montreal
Not saying you are wrong. I am saying that I am worried about escalation. The more we load-up, the more Tampa's coach will do the same, and the more likely things do blowup with either dirty shots or fights/aggressions.

Montreal always went full-force vs Boston this year, and the goons didn't do anything. Usually games where there is a lot of tough guys, it's the tough guys going at it vs tough guys going at our small players.

Just last game, we don't have Prust or Parros vs Boston, Subban gets jumped, Thorton wants to drop gloves with Markov, Chara wants to take Emelin's head off. Whenever we played the bruins earlier, Lucic always went at it vs Emelin, but Chara never engaged. I doubt Chara engages when Parros is in the line-up. Even tough Parros is probably not tougher than Chara, I bet Chara still wants to answer to Parros. He will be obligated to at that point...

PricePkPatch*

Montreal always went full-force vs Boston this year, and the goons didn't do anything. Usually games where there is a lot of tough guys, it's the tough guys going at it vs tough guys going at our small players.

Just last game, we don't have Prust or Parros vs Boston, Subban gets jumped, Thorton wants to drop gloves with Markov, Chara wants to take Emelin's head off. Whenever we played the bruins earlier, Lucic always went at it vs Emelin, but Chara never engaged. I doubt Chara engages when Parros is in the line-up. Even tough Parros is probably not tougher than Chara, I bet Chara still wants to answer to Parros. He will be obligated to at that point...

But not all games are being equal. And it's not the bigger dogs who will bite first.

this game, specially, is a statement game for both teams. There's a lot of "Playoff Preparation" at stake.

Both teams are more equal in term of size/toughness than we were against Boston, and thus both have more to prove. Against Boston, the point was to just make a stand and prove we wouldn't be pushed around. Against Tampa, the game may escalate into a "promise of things to come".

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 3 min

Emelin retourner a Montréal pour raison familiale ...

Emelin won't play tomorrow , he's back to montreal for family reasons.

Lines : Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, Eller-Briere-Gionta, Bourque-White-Bournival ( Parros extra)

PricePkPatch*

martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 3 min

Emelin retourner a Montréal pour raison familiale ...

Emelin won't play tomorrow , he's back to montreal for family leave

Lines : Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, Eller-Briere-Gionta, Bourque-White-Bournival ( Parros extra)

So... Plek's baby is actually Emelin's? :sarcasm:

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
We need to hustle them. Loose 4-0 with messed up lines and then give them a false sense of confidence.

No but hopefully Emelin, Georges, Prust & Weise will all be ready for round 1. I do think its good that tomorrow's team will be slightly different than when we face them in the playoffs. We should prob put in Budaj, too lol.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
I don't want to see a Murray - Weaver pairing recommendation ever again.

I think they've both proven that they are not a good pairing together.. Weaver on his own is great, but not w/ Murray.

Angels

Mar 10, 2014
Canada
Please don't get stupid unneeded penatlies....

Every time I watch the game, and they interview the players "We need to stay out of the penatly box", 30 seconds into the game, "Penatly against Montreal"...:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad