Pre-Game Talk: April 1st - Montreal @ Tampa - 19h30

PricePkPatch*

Before this thread gets pre-emptively locked for being posted too soon, please read this argument:

I am looking forward this game for obvious reasons. With the current standings, it seems more than likely that we will be facing Tampa in Round 1 of the Playoffs, and this game might give us an insight of what we will be facing. It's basically a meaningless prologue, but still one where both team's character will be tested and some messages will be sent.

I want to open a discussion thread for.. well, for discussing early on a potential Habs/Bolt match-up, in the scope of the upcoming game. We already started discussing in the "4 teams we might meet" thread, but I felt that one stopped being relevant last week, while this thread is about a very real and upcoming game.

Are you happy we face a St. Louis-less Tampa Team? And Lecavalier-less Bolts? :naughty:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I think we match up well against Tampa and, with Bishop faltering a bit lately, should make a statement with this game...5-1 Habs, Stammer left off the scoresheet...:yo:

Avengers*

We need to win this game because the Bolts are clearly our adversaries for the playoffs!

PricePkPatch*

Crap. Did I accidently forgot to put the "Pre-Game Talk" sticker?

Avengers*

The Habs records against the bolts this season is: 1-0-2 so they can easily beat them to win the regular season series.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If we do meet them which is probably 95% it's going to be one hell of a close series. The thing I really hate about this matchup is that the Bolts are in every game. They don't get blown out and always seem to be tied or up a goal in the 3rd period.

If we play our game and eliminate Stamkos as much as possible I think we can win this one in 6 games

I also predict they get home ice with their easier schedule to finish the year.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
I'll drop this in here too, for anyone interested in how our home/away stats compare

2bd0Iee.png

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I think its probably a shoe in we meet 1st round, Bishop has always been tough on us and Stamkos is on a mission since getting hurt and missing Olympics. It will be a tough series and would not be surprised if we lost. should go 6 or 7 games.

PricePkPatch*

So.. Since the next game is next Tuesday...

(can a mod add "Pre Game Talk" prefix?)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This match-up will be extremely interesting on all levels.
Bolts haven't faced our current line-up.
What will our line-up even be for this game.
i think it's a given we won't see Parros.
Crank? stellar mucker but foot-speed may be an issue.
i love him though. Something about the guy.
Maybe it's because he seems to be effective even when he's only getting half-way there.
He's devestating when he gets all the way there. :laugh:
Man if he only had even 2% more mobility.
Plecks should be back so he will probably slot back in with G&G.
DD MP and TV. DB RB and BG. LE MB and RW.
Would consider playing MB with DB and BG if RB isn't firing.
Bournival seemed wicked fast tonight.

Hopefully MT doesn't f**#%^ it up somehow.:shakehead

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

You know, I had in mind that we could maybe not play a few of our key players so Tampa doesn't know what to expect comes Playoff time...

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Really glad to play Tampa in round one. No disrespect to a team that has been good all year, and certainly no guarantee we'll win, but I like the match up.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I can't wait. It'll boil down to whether we can contain Stamkos, Palat, Hedman and Filppula or not. As well as how Bishop will be playing.

I'm not too worried about their defense, just that Bishop may be able to steal it if he's on total fire. What does worry me is their firepower.

Tuesday will definitely be a playoff type game. If not, one of the teams didn't show up.

I believe we'll see some nice skillful hockey. I think we also have a better edge and better balance across the lines. However, something in our system isn't very effective. For instance, we have more trouble than we should getting out of our defensive zone and invading the opponents'.

It will definitely be an interesting match-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad