Confirmed with Link: April 1-2 upd: Ray Emery [cleared waivers] signed for rest of regular season

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
LMAO I was there that game and the crowd erupted like we had scored an ot goal to win the game after that. Sadly that was the only bright spot on that game. Hilarious how mad washington fans were about it too. I think Emery is a good vet presence, he won't play and if things get out of hand tomorrow hopefully he can teach Mason to throw some of those haymakers for use on holtby. :popcorn::sarcasm:

Caps fan here...I really hope you don't speak for all your fan base. Watching a goalie get pummeled in the back of the head when he specifically said he did not want to fight is a pretty scary thing to find pleasure in watching. I mean, I hate the Pens but I'd be pissed if I saw one of our guys do that to Fleury.

Sorry if I'm stirring up trouble but reading that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator:

RJ8812*

Caps fan here...I really hope you don't speak for all your fan base. Watching a goalie get pummeled in the back of the head when he specifically said he did not want to fight is a pretty scary thing to find pleasure in watching. I mean, I hate the Pens but I'd be pissed if I saw one of our guys do that to Fleury.

You guys rooted and cheered to a guy like Dale Hunter when he played, so....

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nah, **** that guy.

A lot of the fans liked it, a lot of the fans didn't. I'm somewhere inbetween.

Holtby wasn't injured. He was just embarassed.

Sometimes drastic measures need to be taken to wake a team up, and it actually worked, to an extent. They had one of the best records in the Conference from that point until the end of the Regular season and took the eventual Eastern Conference Champion New York Rangers the distance in Round 1, losing 2-1 in Game 7.

RJ8812*

Sometimes drastic measures need to be taken to wake a team up, and it actually worked, to an extent. They had one of the best records in the Conference from that point until the end of the Regular season and took the eventual Eastern Conference Champion New York Rangers the distance in Round 1, losing 2-1 in Game 7.

Probably would have won that series if the Pens didn't purposely run our goalie

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Probably would have won that series if the Pens didn't purposely run our goalie

Yep. Having to start Emery 3 times in that series was likely the difference; especially considering how dominant Mason was when he returned. That bonehead penalty by Akeson didn't help either!

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA

Not denying that it worked - it definitely added a spark. I'm just saying that finding it hilarious that our fans were upset by watching him get beaten deliberately in the back of his head seems a little off. I was honestly surprised Holtby wasn't hurt after that. A solid hit the the back of the head can do a lot of damage, let alone a few of em.

But hey, we cheered on Hunter, so I guess that makes my point null and void.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Not denying that it worked - it definitely added a spark. I'm just saying that finding it hilarious that our fans were upset by watching him get beaten deliberately in the back of his head seems a little off. I was honestly surprised Holtby wasn't hurt after that. A solid hit the the back of the head can do a lot of damage, let alone a few of em.

But hey, we cheered on Hunter, so I guess that makes my point null and void.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that "fight" either. I'm not an ends justify the means person and I am a big fan of Holtby to boot.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison

Consider it a mind_f___ by the man in charge. He should have defended himself.
Expect Holtby to come up small in a few wks

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010

You guys cheer for puke like Tom Wilson. All that dude does is take runs to injure people. Plus your gdt on Wednesday was giddy over the butt end delivered to ghost. So get off your high horse. If holtby didn't want to get pounded in the head maybe he should of stuck up for himself instead of trying to run away like a little girl.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
You guys cheer for puke like Tom Wilson. All that dude does is take runs to injure people. Plus your gdt on Wednesday was giddy over the butt end delivered to ghost. So get off your high horse. If holtby didn't want to get pounded in the head maybe he should of stuck up for himself instead of trying to run away like a little girl.

Not defending the beat down by Emery... and tipping the cap to Holtby (no pun intended)... but wasn't it the Capitals Fans who threw a bottle at Carter after their Team was beat cleanly on the Ice? Maybe those horses area bit too high now.

Last edited:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

they did?! id like to see emery pound out chumerin for that...

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Not defending the beat down by Emery... and tipping the cap to Holtby (no pun intended)... but wasn't it the Capitals Fans who threw a bottle at Carter after their Team was beat cleanly on the Ice? Maybe those horses area bit too high now.

Beaten cleanly? According to caps fans we got a cheap win due to a 'weak' goalie interference call. Who knew running the goalie would be a penalty. They should really just let that go in OT... And because of that weak call it's excusable for their fans to throw beer bottles at our players...#capsfanlogic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad