GDT: [Apr 17] Ploffs Game 2: Flames 1 @ Canucks 0 [TV: CBC, CNBC, TVA - 8:00 PM MT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
YEEEEEEAAAHH BABY!
IT'S THE PLOFFS!

GAME #2 CALGARY @ VANCOUVER
FLAMES LEAD SERIES 1-0

Watch it: CBC @ 8:00 MT / 10:00 ET

Russell 1G, Jones 1G, Bennett 1A, Ferland 1A, Wideman 1A,
Horvat 1G, Edler 1A, Hansen 1A

VANCGY.jpg

NHL.com Preview

tumblr_nmva99r6Gy1s9eomco1_500.gif

Projected Line-ups:
:flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Colborne
Ferland - Stajan - Jones
Bollig - Granlund - Jooris

Russell - Wideman
Brodie - Engelland
Schlemko - Potter

Hiller
Ramo

:nucks

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bieksa - Sbisa

Lack
Miller

GO :flames GO!

<spot reserved for unsustainably pizza gif>
tumblr_mli9n8XcBe1s6sejso1_500.gif

vCash can be lost here
Main board thread here

Last edited:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
In for the win.

I'll be at National on 17th for this one. See ya at the Red Mile peeps

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
gonna be in enemy territory for this one

Be prepared for a lackluster amount of energy
I couldn't believe game 1 it was like a regular season game vs a rival I joined the Canucks fans in their loudest chant of the game RAISE. THE. SCREENS.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
The game will be simulcast on the Saddledome jumbotron after the Hitmen game. Sounds like it could be fun. 15$ ticket.

I also considered this.

But I have a feeling that Habs game is going to be insane. Or at least better than the Hitmen game.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Expect Vancouver to come out guns blazing tonight. Can't imagine any team would want to be down 2-0 going to Calgary.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Curious if we see Sven at all this series.

Not a chance. Utica is primed to make a deep run into the post season in the AHL.

It's also kind of funny when Canuck people were really high fiving each other about Sven's production. What they tend not to recall is that 4/5 of Utica's top scorers are professional AHL players :laugh: this isn't the 20some year old team Calgary's got down in Addy.

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster
Expect Vancouver to come out guns blazing tonight. Can't imagine any team would want to be down 2-0 going to Calgary.

Yeah I have to agree. The chatter here in Vancouver is that the Sedins are going to try and come out blazing tonight (although that is obvious), and moving Burrows down to the second line to try counter the Bennett line (rumor). I have been forcing myself to listen to the team 1040, it sucks.

People here are ****** about the amount of ice time the Sedins had in game 1 and calling our Willie D as a terrible coach. Despite their confidence going to Calgary and winning both games, this is a must win for them to stay in the series.

On the plus side there is absolutely ZERO fear about our first line, which hopefully provides some bulletin board material for them. We're going to need them to score, and often, if we are going to win this game and this series.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
good news is that our first line seemed to figure it out the latter part of the game. Boyz N the Huds looked dangerous and Gaudreau was dancing despite the lack of space he had.

Expecting Baennett to have an even bigger game tonight.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Yeah I have to agree. The chatter here in Vancouver is that the Sedins are going to try and come out blazing tonight (although that is obvious), and moving Burrows down to the second line to try counter the Bennett line (rumor). I have been forcing myself to listen to the team 1040, it sucks.

People here are ****** about the amount of ice time the Sedins had in game 1 and calling our Willie D as a terrible coach. Despite their confidence going to Calgary and winning both games, this is a must win for them to stay in the series.

On the plus side there is absolutely ZERO fear about our first line, which hopefully provides some bulletin board material for them. We're going to need them to score, and often, if we are going to win this game and this series.

Despite monahans illness, flames fans need to give credit to the Canucks for ******** our top line down, almost flawlessly.

Willy D got out coached in Game 1. Plain and simple. Also, give the Flames credit as our conditioning doesn't falter in the later stages of the game.

Home ice advantage will be big for Hartley. I'm sure the Canucks watched a lot of video of our top line. They intercepted almost all of that lines plays.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Despite monahans illness, flames fans need to give credit to the Canucks for ******** our top line down, almost flawlessly.

Willy D got out coached in Game 1. Plain and simple. Also, give the Flames credit as our conditioning doesn't falter in the later stages of the game.

Home ice advantage will be big for Hartley. I'm sure the Canucks watched a lot of video of our top line. They intercepted almost all of that lines plays.

This was true until the third period. For whatever reason, the first line really came alive in the third. Monahan had that beauty chance to take a slapper from the slot but just missed. Gaudreau was making plays in the offensive zone every shift. I hope we can keep that going. I think Daniel Sedin might have been injured and so their first line stayed on the bench more, which was part of it.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
This was true until the third period. For whatever reason, the first line really came alive in the third. Monahan had that beauty chance to take a slapper from the slot but just missed. Gaudreau was making plays in the offensive zone every shift. I hope we can keep that going. I think Daniel Sedin might have been injured and so their first line stayed on the bench more, which was part of it.

But that's just it. Hartley got the matchup a he wanted in the 3rd because the attention was shifted to our 2nd and 3rd lines. Hence why Canuck fans were upset about how the coach rolled his lines in the 3rd.

Perfect example is having Backlunds line out for the final minute.

I honestly think the top line will be quiet until we come home. The match-ups are brutally important against a team with similar depth and players.

And, let's face it: Canucks defense is much more defensively sound than ours, we just have better pick movers. Which shifts focus to neutral zone play, and the Canucks are great in the Neutral zone. Their transition game is still elite in this league, ask any hockey coach.

Regardless, this team as mentioned before is built with character, determination, and relentless forechecking.

Possession stats will mean nothing in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad