Confirmed with Link: Appleton re-signs, 3yrs, $2.16M AAV

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I like Apples. Not sure I like him so much at $2M+. In three years we will know if it was at the right price or not. Not a ton of risk in the contract, so no big deal one way or the other. Happy for him that he snagged some decent coin for his new family.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Really rough start to his season under the new contract, and it's not due to a lack of opportunity... he has gotten prime minutes with Scheifele, Connor and Dubois. Really hope we are not regretting this contract.

Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Really rough start to his season under the new contract, and it's not due to a lack of opportunity... he has gotten prime minutes with Scheifele, Connor and Dubois. Really hope we are not regretting this contract.

He wasn't signed to play the top line, it's no surprise he's struggled there. The whole team has to be fair. He'll be fine.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He wasn't signed to play the top line, it's no surprise he's struggled there. The whole team has to be fair. He'll be fine.

Meh I would expect even bottom-6 players to look much better on the wings with 55 and 81.

Reactions: hn777

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The whole team has looked like ass , why single him out?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Meh I would expect even bottom-6 players to look much better on the wings with 55 and 81.
Agreed. We had a PTO player in Svech come in and along side pld and Connor did not look out of place. Pretty sure that was our top scoring line last year in GF And Svech produced individually a solid rate too in that spot. Appleton should probably be providing more than Svech in effectiveness and production as a top 6er

Last edited:

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
If they're smart, when Ehlers comes back Appleton should be the one to come out of the lineup...This keeps the 4th line together and has Ganger, who is better with Lowry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad