News Article: Apparently we have the dirtiest player in history according to Adrian Dater

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This guy has been shooting off at the mouth for a long time on social media but clearly being drunk last night blew the top off. His writing is garbage as it's always seething with homerism and that inability to see clearly and write objectively makes it really amazing he's still employed by a pretty well-reputed and traditional paper. If the company loyalty (which is inexplicable anyway since he's not good) here supersedes his remarks it will be a shame and a real black eye on the Denver post.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Just read his (cleaned up??) feed
He insulted the goal light, the stoppage buzzer, the overhead lights, the refs and a few other things as well. Glad he enjoyed Vegas. Maybe he has learned not to post drunk in the future.
He was upset that Hishon got hit. Maybe watching hockey is to stressful for him.

Ron*

Seems like he'd fit in on the main board.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you read his blog, it reads as the same style as 90% of the main board's posters, right down to his intolerance of other people's opinions, grammatical syntax errors and a general arrogance about his own ignorance.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Hopefully McNabb develops into Mark Tinordi. Tinordi would nail Luc Robitaille with a open ice hit once a game when he was with the north stars. When you have a defensemen who hits the other teams stars they have to watch out for you when your on the ice.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Hopefully McNabb develops into Mark Tinordi. Tinordi would nail Luc Robitaille with a open ice hit once a game when he was with the north stars. When you have a defensemen who hits the other teams stars they have to watch out for you when your on the ice.

That's how I feel about McNabb. He's just a physical guy. It's part of his game.

Taking some flak from Avs and Ducks fans (Whoda thunk it) for saying that McNabb isn't a dirty player. I really think it's unfortunate that nowadays one bad hit designates a player as dirty or clean. Especially when the hit dates back to juniors when the kid was 17, and that is the only suspension on his record. He, for all intents and purposes, is a clean player who hits hard and looks to engage physically.

Last edited:

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Reminds me of that Islanders writer who thought Eric Lacroix was the dirtiest player in history, and would insert comments to that effect into nearly every article he wrote, whether it was relevant or not.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the hit looks worse because Hishon leans down in the split second before the hit. McNabb is preparing for a hit, and Hishon lowers his upper body and head right before. I remember this same situation with Brown last season:

Edit: added McNabb hit for reference:

Last edited:

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the hit looks worse because Hishon leans down in the split second before the hit. McNabb is preparing for a hit, and Hishon lowers his upper body and head right before. I remember this same situation with Brown last season:

Edit: added McNabb hit for reference:
yup hishon put himself in a really vulnerable position there.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He got suspended for two weeks:
via denver post:
Adrian Dater, the Denver Post beat writer for the Colorado Avalanche, has been suspended for two weeks without pay for inappropriate language used on Twitter.

The suspension, effective immediately, followed a number of exchanges with users on Oct. 4 and 5.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Apparently 2 weeks is what you get for acting like a dick. The Denver Post must value this guys journalistic skills more than being perceived as willing to employ a person such as Adrian Dater

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Apparently 2 weeks is what you get for acting like a dick. The Denver Post must value this guys journalistic skills more than being perceived as willing to employ a person such as Adrian Dater

Didn't honestly expect that. Guess this all made more noise than anticipated. Twitter, it can really break you in an instant.

Ron*

Doesn't deserve to get fired. The suspension was appropriate; if anything, it might have been a week too long. IMO.

Didn't honestly expect that. Guess this all made more noise than anticipated. Twitter, it can really break you in an instant.

Yes, it can. But it's just like e-mail. You don't have to press that send (tweet) button right away, you can read your content and think about it for a little while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad